Temporary 6 Week Volunteer Programme for Business Professionals – India – September 2016
We are recruiting skilled professionals to join us in Hyderabad – an incredibly interesting, diverse and lively city and one of the fastest growing in India.
Join us on our unique 6 week volunteer programme and apply your business skills to support inspiring social entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact addressing social issues in their community.
17th September – 29th October 2016
After conducting a pre-programme needs assessment, we match you with a client who requires to skills and experience you have.
You’ll then receive one week of training which will prepare you for your role as a Social Impact Consultant. The training covers the essentials you need to know about global and local social entrepreneurship, basic consultancy tools and techniques, and an introduction to start up methods and cross cultural working.
In the second week you’ll get started with your client. You’ll carry out your own needs assessment, work with your client to come up with objectives and then break down the stages of your consultancy work into a 5 week plan.
In additional to your consultancy work we aim to provide you an experience unlike other volunteer programmes. We focus on your learning and development to ensure that you enhance your skills, experience and knowledge. We passionately believe in the importance of your learning journey as a volunteer, as it’s through this learning that you will be better equipped to make change in your lives and others. Additional elements of the programme:
– Weekly peer to peer knowledge sharing workshops on business topics of your choice
– Weekly personal development workshops and 1:1 sessions to give you the time and space to reflect on your own personal development journey
– Weekly Headspace trips in the community so that you can soak up the local culture
Who will you be working with:
Your clients will be a group of grassroots Indian social entrepreneurs who are making a huge different in their communities. They are tackling social issues affecting women’s empowerment, livelihoods, disability, environment, and health. In the past we have supported clients working on app based products, handicrafts, peer to peer car sharing, products made from recycled materials, a mobile school for disadvantaged communities, a bakery run by young people with autism..to name just a few! We work with UnLtd Hyderabad, a one year social enterprise incubation programme which find, funds and supports social entrepreneurs in the region.
Who are you:
– You feel it’s time to share your skills and experience to make an impact in the world
– Or perhaps you want to immerse yourself in another culture, meet like minded people and take on a new challenge
– Maybe, you’ve left your job or are thinking of leaving and want to explore different opportunities
– You’re looking to travel with purpose
– You want to gain new skills or work on your own personal development
– You want to make a change in your life and are looking for an experience that might spark that change, but you don’t know where to start
– You want to learn about social entrepreneurship in India
Do you connect with any of these statements? Do you have 3+ years professional experience? If so then we’d love you to join us on this unique programme.
Once you have submitted your application we will get back to you within 5 working days. Successful candidates will then have an interview over Skype with the Country Programme Director. Places will go on a first come first serve basis so we recommend getting your application in as soon as possible.
This covers in-country associated costs including comfortable accommodation, wifi, a contribution to the training and programme support staff. Flights, visas & food are not included.
What a former Hyderabad consultant says:
“I’ve attended dozens of training courses and workshops in my time, and I have to say that the format, style and quality of the training has been exceptional. I’ve learnt more than I ever could have imagined on topics such as social enterprise, lean start-ups and the local market. It’s been a fully rounded and immersive experience.”
Paul Goff, former supply chain consultant, Deloitte, UK