Temporary Analyst, Investments (Maternity Cover)
Key results expected:
• Perform due diligence and monitoring of investment vendors;
• Prepare presentations, including data-rich charts and graphs;
• Deliver concise and persuasive written analysis and recommendations on assigned projects;
• Conduct research and analysis of environmental, social and governance (ESG) themes and trends;
• Understand and evaluate macroeconomic data and how it impacts the investment portfolios;
• Work collaboratively with Gavi colleagues.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
• Prepare quarterly performance reviews of investment managers as assigned;
• Initiate due diligence of investment managers meeting Gavi’s strategic or tactical criteria;
• Conduct due diligence of current and prospective investment vendors:
o Prepare due diligence questionnaires, attend onsite meetings, and document findings;
o Review investment vendors’ regulatory reporting (e.g. Form ADVs, fund prospectuses);
• Prepare and analyse quarterly compliance certifications of existing investment managers;
• Monitor domestic and international regulatory developments that may impact Gavi’s investment vendors;
• Negotiate vendor contracts with input from Legal, Procurement and Chief Investment Officer;
• Analyse portfolio holdings with respect to Gavi’s Socially Responsible Investment(SRI) Policy and manage relationship with the SRI screening provider;
• Conduct primary review of monthly and quarterly reports on investment portfolio returns, which may include analysis of individual manager performance, changes to asset allocation, liquidity profile and regional exposure;
• Create insightful exhibits for Gavi senior leadership team, Investment Committee, Board of Directors to illustrate relevant macroeconomic events and investment performance, and explain portfolio management decisions:
o Quarterly presentation for Investment Committee on investment strategy and portfolio review;
o Semi-annually briefing for Board of Directors;
• Conduct ad hoc research related to the global economy, markets, securities, and industries as needed.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university, with preference for finance, economics, or international relations studies. Graduate degree in related field is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at international non-profit or financial services organizations with bachelor’s degree.
• Well-developed understanding of investment concepts and capital markets;
• Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and research skills, with ability to interpret, summarize and effectively present large amounts of data;
• Strong data-visualization skills;
• Completion of CFA Level I exam is preferred;
• Excellent communications skills required, including effective writing skills;
• Ability to think and work independently and to meet tight deadlines;
• Highly proficient in MS Office, with particular strength in PowerPoint and Excel;
• Excellent knowledge of Bloomberg;
• Familiarity with Salesforce helpful;
• A team player, collaborative style, shows initiative, organized, detail-oriented, creative, and innovative;
• Able to work comfortably in a multi-cultural environment;
• Good knowledge of institutional or organizational policies, systems and procedures;
• Good use of tact and discretion;
• Travel requirements: