Full-Time Associate, Philanthropic Equity
The Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is a member-driven collaboration of the nation’s 100 leading housing and community development non-profits who combine social mission with business acumen to create affordable homes in thriving communities across the country. The Network’s approach is based on peer exchanges among high-performing organizations in the sector that share ideas and knowledge, pool resources, collaborate on business enterprises, and provide credible, practitioner-based solutions that drive policy recommendations and advocacy. The result is a network of strong non-profits that produce impressive results in the number of homes developed and preserved, communities strengthened, and people served. The Network has received numerous awards and achievement recognitions for its social entrepreneurship from governmental, foundation, media, and international organizations.
ASSOCIATE, PHILANTHROPIC EQUITY
The Housing Partnership Network is currently seeking an experienced Associate, Philanthropic Equity to join their team in Boston, MA.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Under the supervision and direction of the VP, Philanthropic Equity, the Associate, Philanthropic Equity is responsible for assisting in donor and investor relations. These responsibilities include assisting in marketing and communications outreach to these partners as well as the creation, assembling, submission, reporting, acknowledging, and tracking in the Salesforce database of all grants and investments managed by the HPN Capital Markets team. The team is responsible for raising capital for HPN’s portfolio of social enterprises such as HPET, its social venture REIT, or Develop Detroit, a social venture developer revitalizing that iconic city.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work as a member of the Capital Markets team to meet the various capital needs of HPN and its members and their portfolio of social enterprises.
• Assist in the development of proposals: meet and work with program staff. Write and prepare, budgets, reports, compelling stories and story lines to convey the impact of HPN for submission to national foundations and impact and institutional investors.
• Assist in the preparation and timely submission of reports to foundations and investors.
• Assist in the creation and distribution of HPN marketing materials and stories through various mediums.
• Responsible for managing research on grant makers and impact and institutional investors.
• Maintain proposal and reporting calendar.
• Manage the database using Salesforce.com.
• Coordinate effort to complete, implement, and regularly update, as necessary, a policy and procedures manual for development operations.
• Arrange meetings and travel arrangements as necessary to achieve the goals of the Capital Markets team.
• Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 0-4 years’ work experience in related field, exceptional entry-level candidates will be considered
• Exquisite attention to detail and commitment to outstanding project management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A strong interest in the mission of HPN and its capital markets team
• Experience in database management, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action
• Ability to work independently with staff at all levels of the organization
• Position is located in Boston, MA, minimal travel
• A sense of humor
• Position is based in Boston, MA
• Some travel may be required.
• HPN offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an exceptional work environment