Full-Time Chief Partnerships & Experiences Officer (Location: Remote; LA or NYC preferred)
NVF Project Name: The League
Position: Chief Partnerships & Experiences Officer
Location: Remote, LA or NYC preferred
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The League is a social impact collective. We use culture to awaken and activate people’s power to address the urgent challenges facing our world today. We design and deploy creative and engaging strategies and campaigns in order to create tipping points that fundamentally shift communities to be more just and equitable.
The League focuses on three lines of work. First, we run experiments to identify the best ways to use culture to shift people’s attitudes and move them to action. Experiments encompass a variety of areas, including rapid response tests, narrative campaigns, and in-person experiences and events. Second, we tap into sophisticated marketing, political, and cultural data, using it to unpack what’s currently happening in the world and to forecast what might happen. And third, we create spaces and connections so that people from a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and industries can work together to address the major issues facing our country today.
We are seeking an experienced leader to serve as our Chief Partnerships & Experiences Officer, preferably based in Los Angeles or New York City. In this position, you will play a key role on our leadership team, working collaboratively to conceptualize new projects, partnerships, and growth opportunities. You will develop and oversee strategies that expand our partnership opportunities in a wide range of spaces—from Hollywood to Silicon Valley, in sports, fashion, media, and more—and bring The League’s unique social impact lens to a variety of partners and into major cultural spaces Through all of this work, you will help uncover what’s possible at the intersection of social change and culture.
The Chief Partnerships & Experiences Officer reports to the President & CEO.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- As a member of The League’s leadership team, work collaboratively to execute our overall strategy and growth plan.
- Proactively cultivate and maintain partnerships with decision makers in a variety of industries, including social change, brand marketing, entertainment, fashion, sports, technology, media, social media, and more.
- Oversee The League’s work to develop and maintain relationships with influencers who are interested in engaging around social justice issues.
- Represent The League at major cultural and social change events in order to increase our visibility, connect with potential partners, share our accomplishments, and secure new resources to power our work.
- Develop The League’s strategy for bringing our unique social impact lens into major cultural spaces, such as SXSW, Essence Festival, and ComplexCon.
- Identify and execute strategies that help partners working in a variety of sectors learn more about social justice issues.
- Identify lessons and best practices from other sectors that could strengthen The League’s own work as well as that of other organizations that leverage culture for social change.
- Serve as a team leader for projects we undertake with a portfolio of strategic partners, facilitating information sharing and work flow between The League and these entities.
- Work closely with our cultural strategy and creative teams on projects that involve strategic partnerships.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Independent, strong leader with 12+ years of experience, preferably working in or adjacent to social impact or a relevant field
- Experience building and implementing partnerships with individuals and entities in a wide range of industries
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues
- A track record of big picture thinking combined with the ability to execute and deliver results
- Exceptional communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to build trust and credibility with people from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds
- Experience managing staff, consultants, and high-level influencers
- Experience managing and guiding experience/event strategy, planning, and execution
- Frequent U.S. travel required
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Familiarity with the social justice, social impact, brand marketing, and other adjacent sectors
- Passionate about creating a just, equitable America where everyone can thrive
- A strong believer in the power of culture to connect with people and move them to action
- Innately curious about creative and cultural innovation
- An appetite for constantly testing and evaluating new ideas
- Excited to join a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals
- We’re a high impact, low ego team and are looking for someone who shares our belief in working together to lift the whole
New Venture Fund Careers
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.