Internship Crowdfunding Consultant
WHO WE ARE.
StartSomeGood is a crowdfunding platform founded by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs. We work with game-changing social enterprises, non-profits, and individuals looking to make a positive impact worldwide. On our StartSomeGood.com platform, we help changemakers raise the funds they need and mobilize their community to get started. So far, more than 600 projects have raised $6 million USD.
Since we are expanding our operations, we are currently looking interns to join our hard-working support gurus. This is a great opportunity to be part of a social enterprise and be engaged with inspiring changemakers around the world — sharing our resources, amplifying their stories, and growing our community.
As a changemaker consultant, you will be working directly with the social entrepreneurs and organizations to help build their campaigns on our site. Whether it is consulting them on a project draft, advising them on the best outreach tactics, or supporting them throughout a live campaign, you will have the opportunity to help ambitious changemakers raise money from start to finish.
Because we are a virtual team, you can be based anywhere, but candidates in Australian, Canada or the United States are of particular interest, as we can more readily work real-time with you in those time zones. For the right person, we’ll work around this though. Currently, team members are in Sydney, Melbourne, Washington DC, San Francisco, and London. This is an unpaid position and you must be willing to contribute at least 12 hours/week for the next three months until December.
Our emphasis is on giving you real things to do, so you are actually making an actual difference in the world and learning how to be a changemaker yourself. Your efforts will help to build the social impact movement and supporting great social impact projects around the globe.
• Review and accept new ventures into the StartSomeGood community
• Support new ventures to help them create and manage fantastic campaigns
• Advise on specific aspects of a campaign, from videos to rewards to budget appropriation
• Brainstorm and implement unique processes to make our venture support process even more efficient and effective
• Work on special research projects with other team members
We are looking for curious, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial individuals. This is not just an internship, but an opportunity to be part of a fast-evolving start-up that needs ideas and a high level of involvement from everyone on the team.
• A high level of written and spoken communications skills
• A passion for technology and social entrepreneurship
• Organization and self-motivation
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• A problem-solving mindset
• A minimum of a 12 hours/week commitment for three months
• A comfort level with being part of a virtual team (some experience of this preferred but not required for the right person)