Full-Time Customer Engagement and Support Associate
• You’re a mission-driven professional who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment • You have customer service, sales, or outreach experience • You’re a strong communicator and know how to build relationships with key stakeholders • You’re a people person who is a patient listener, outgoing, and engaging • You’re hungry to make a positive impact in local communities in the DC metro area and beyond • You’re an organized, detail-oriented team player willing to be held accountable to high standards and ambitious results
Groundswell builds people-centered solar projects that deliver energy equity and economic opportunity. From project development to project finance, and from construction to customer enrollment and support, we focus on the “community” in community solar. Our solar projects leverage private capital for social good – providing real investment, good jobs, locally generated clean power, and deep energy savings to our neighbors who need it the most. Groundswell’s Share PowerTM program is revolutionizing community solar by eliminating barriers like long-term contracts and high consumer credit scores. Share PowerTM has the potential to double the addressable market for community solar and deliver deep savings to people who need it the most. Inspired by Human-Centered Design and the challenge to “love your neighbor as yourself,” renters and homeowners who join a Groundswell solar project get locally generated power and share savings with local income-qualified households or Empowered Households. By sharing savings, Empowered Household customers can cut their monthly utility bills nearly in half and find relief from the tremendous burden of high energy bills. Groundswell and Share PowerTM preserve affordability for all neighbors and helps communities thrive.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and ambitious professional to develop, execute and manage a strategic engagement and enrollment program that raises Groundswell’s brand awareness in the communities we serve, recruits and enrolls subscribers for our innovative community solar program, builds a healthy pipeline of leads, and cultivates local partnerships to identify additional subscriber leads. The Customer Engagement and Support Specialist will also oversee the subscription enrollment process for our customers providing a range of services from one-on-one in-person enrollment assistance to online or phone support during regular business hours. Weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports will be integral to tracking enrollment progress against business goals. In markets where enrollment assistance and customer acquisition and support is provided by a third-party partner, the Customer Engagement and Support Specialist will liaise with the third-party partner. The Customer Engagement and Support Specialist will report to the Director of Finance and Product Development and will work closely with our Marketing and Communications team. This position requires a high-level of self-motivation and passion for our work around energy and economic equity and the ability to operate in a results-driven environment where innovation and creativity are valued and expected.
Customer Engagement and Partnership Development (45%)
• Collaborate with Marketing to develop Groundswell’s participant engagement strategy to recruit new program participants for our community solar program • Execute and manage participant engagement strategy, including o Identifying and attending events (speaking, networking, partner, community, etc.) at which Groundswell should have a presence in order to grow our brand awareness and enroll subscribers o Building and maintaining deep relationships with key stakeholders and community leaders of faith communities, civic associations, businesses, and schools in Groundswell’s target communities in order to reach potential community solar subscribers • Collaborate with Marketing to maintain outreach tabling Tool Kit to ensure elements are stocked and event-ready at all times • Provide social media and other digital content chronicling our outreach efforts in the community • Track community engagement and partnership development activities in Salesforce
Customer Enrollment, Management, and Service (45%)
• Primary oversight of community solar customer and enrollment records, including customer data entry, tracking, and analysis against stated metrics and goals • Respond to inbound inquiries from leads and subscribers and conduct outbound customer service as necessary • Enroll customers from all walks of life for community solar, including document verification, in-person enrollment, customer communication and follow up, and survey administration • Ensure an excellent and dignified customer experience by providing participant support, ongoing communication via phone and email, and opportunities for participants to deepen their engagement with Groundswell • Develop and maintain customer service process documentation
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
• Duties may evolve over time as Groundswell’s subscriber management program continues to develop and enter new markets
• 2 years’ experience in a community organizing, campaign organizing, business development, or partnership development role • Demonstrated success cultivating relationships with organizations, businesses, key stakeholders, and community leaders • An outgoing personality who is also a patient listener and able to communicate and relate to a broad spectrum of diverse individuals • Strong communication and public presentation skills • Self-starter – extremely motivated, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects • Experience managing customer data while maintaining confidentiality and following data protection protocols • Adaptable and able to solve problems and build processes creatively and iteratively • Strong planning capabilities, highly organized, and detail-oriented • Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required • Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM applications is preferred but not required • Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
This position is based in Washington, DC. Availability on nights and weekends will be required.
Salary begins at $50k and is commensurate with experience. Groundswell pays 100% of employee health, dental and vision premiums as well as 50% for spouse and dependents. Employees are 100% vested upon in Groundswell’s 401 (k) retirement plan. Retirement.
Additional Benefits: Maternity/paternity/adoption leave, Smart Benefits, FSA/DCA pre-tax options and 15 paid vacation days per year (starting). Groundswell averages 14-16 paid company holidays (including all federal holidays and a week during winter holidays), and, when job responsibilities allow, permits periodic flexibility in work schedule and location.