Full-Time Database Administrator (Raiser’s Edge)
About Fistula Foundation:
An estimated one million women in Africa and Asia suffer from obstetric fistula, a debilitating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent. As a result, she is often abandoned by her family and shunned by her community. We are in business to end this needless suffering. Surgery is the only cure, which we deliver through partners in more than 20 countries.
Over the last decade, we have emerged as the global leader in fistula treatment, treating more women in more places that even the United Nations or the US government. We are raising 4 times as much money as we were a decade ago and treating 15 times as many women. But, we are far from done and we are building a team to help us end fistula in a generation.
True to our Silicon Valley roots, Fistula Foundation is dynamic and growth-oriented. We pride ourselves on being run like a successful, financially disciplined, for-profit organization; the big difference is our bottom line is measured not in earnings per share or profit, but in the number of women we are able to help. It also means that we lean into technology and the efficiencies it brings, enabling us to do more with fewer resources. Fistula Foundation is committed to delivering results and aspires to the values of the Effective Altruism movement.
We have the dynamism of a start-up team with the stability of a mature organization, including a $14M reserve, which includes a nearly $8M endowment. Our supporters love to share stories about how we’ve touched their lives, as seen in more than 600 stories on GreatNonprofits.org. We have 13 years of 4-star Charity Navigator ratings, along with a consistent “A” from Charity Watch. And, we have earned the recognition of high-profile leaders including Pulitzer-Prize winner Nicholas Kristof, Grammy winner Paul Simon, and internationally renowned ethicist Peter Singer.
Fistula Foundation is looking for an outstanding Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator for the critical role of maintaining our donor database and tracking all donations for the development department. Working closely with the Senior Development Manager, the RE Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the database. This position will be involved in the planning, development, and implementation of the database as the donor base grows. As well as responsible for troubleshooting issues on behalf of the user and inputting quality data. The DA will be a vital part of our team that provides excellent customer service internally.
- Act as Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator for organization.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data.
- Develop and deliver clear and accurate reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, gift entry, dashboards and data extracts.
- Create, implement, and keep up-to-date our Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting, ensuring all entries conform to these procedures.
- Produce all lists from Raiser’s Edge for mailings such as emails, newsletters, direct mail pieces, stewardship mailings, etc.
- Process and track all incoming donations and pledges. Develop, run and review timely donor reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgement.
- Conduct a weekly reconciliation between bank deposits and gifts recorded in Raiser’s Edge. Post to Financial Edge.
- Reconcile and close monthly development financials on time.
- Work with other team members to ensure daily gift entry responsibilities are completed.
- Work with spreadsheet, database, and word processing software packages in the preparation of requested documents.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Fistula Foundation team as needed, including assisting with hand signing, folding and stuffing of donor thank you letters and other outgoing mail projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in Raiser’s Edge, preferably as an administrator in a nonprofit fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions. Fast study of other technology platforms.
- Passion for non-profit, donor service and international development and a commitment to advancing the status of women around the world.
- Able to quickly and positively react to new opportunities as they arise while managing existing and competing priorities.
- Excellent recordkeeping, writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently, but skilled at considering the needs and time constraints of multiple stakeholders for projects that will involve working across teams.
Our team prioritizes initiative, productivity, and teamwork. We celebrate the successes of our team and our partners. We value creativity and passion for our mission while encouraging our teammates to live healthy lives.
We offer a generous, comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a 403b match, and a significant vacation plan that begins in Year 1. We offer a competitive salary with the potential for performance-based bonuses and opportunities for advancement.
We are proud of our supportive office culture, including gym memberships, fruit delivery, and a dog-friendly environment.