Full-Time Day Rehabilitation Specialist
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
POSITION: Day Rehabilitation Specialist – REACH
BA or BS degree from an accredited program in psychology, counseling, social work or related field and 4 years related experience. Prefer a minimum of one year experienced specific to children struggling with emotional/behavioral challenges. Valid CA drivers’ license with good driving record.
• Responsible for planning, developing and conducting children’s day rehabilitation program activities.
• Provide ongoing supervision and monitoring of children participating in the program.
• Participate in treatment team meetings to assist in the development of individualized goals and case planning for clients.
• Participate in the development and implementation of individual and group behavioral plans and reinforcement programs.
• Provide crisis intervention and behavioral support
• Transport children in Agency van to and from the program or serve as transportation monitor when needed.
• Interface with therapists, families, schools and other community liaisons.
• Assist in the planning, and participate in monthly, evening parent trainings, meetings, and/or family activities or programs.
• Complete and submit all required day rehabilitation paperwork in a proper and timely manner.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Arrange work schedule or required hours to the benefit of the program with the approval of the Program Coordinator.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
• Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
• Dental, vision, and life insurance
• 403b retirement plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Vacation and Sick Leave