This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
31 Jul 2019
Full-Time Delivery Manager (Project Manager)
Truss tackles tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, empathy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees; we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss Delivery Manager you will facilitate our teams’ delivery while demonstrating our core values. We look to this role to foster a healthy and predictable work environment by creating new processes where there are gaps, continuously improving existing processes, or removing unnecessary processes when they no longer serve the team.
We are seeking delivery leaders who will have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. This position is for a level 3 or 4 delivery/project manager as described in our leveling guide. As a company, Truss advocates for a healthy work/life balance. We actively cultivate an energetic environment that is respectful of your personal and time boundaries, while allowing you to continuously enrich your skill-set alongside a team of curious, caring, and helpful people.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Superlative communication skills, in person and in writing
- Familiarity with agile development patterns and the tools and processes that support them (sprints, standups, retros, etc.)
- Familiarity with a distributed work environment and the tools and patterns that enable this to succeed (Zoom, Slack, GSuite, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate project health and provide regular status to the rest of the leadership team, including recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ability to identify, manage, and organize competing priorities, and collaboratively come up with plans to address them
- Ability listen well, change perspectives, and resolve conflict, with an emphasis on team outcomes over individual outcomes
- Ability to track and manage complex functions essential to project success (e.g. project budget, contract compliance, project onboard/offboarding, etc.)
- High attention to detail
- (bonus) Experience working with government systems and/or bureaucracy
This position will allow you to:
- Work with a high-performing agile product delivery team
- Have a positive impact on users of government systems
- Work with project leadership to support team needs
- Facilitate cohesion and collaboration within the team to create a more efficient and enjoyable working environment
- Work as part of a distributed team, sometimes involving travel
- Identify, elevate, and help resolve project risks
- Build relationships with clients with diverse backgrounds and needs, and help them to help us succeed
- Hack bureaucracy
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to tap into your broader, deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US and you must reside in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!