Full-Time Development Associate
In this fertile era of the #metoo, #timesup, and #neveragain movements, the role of an anti-violence agency such as Womankind becomes even more powerful. Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. Whether our advocates are working with clients on their individual healing, fighting for their right to language access, facilitating family legal or economic empowerment help, or marching along with peer organizations to ensure equitable access to immigration, housing and healthcare solutions, Womankind brings critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal. We work with survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence across the lifespan. While we focus on the underserved Asian immigrant community, we welcome all survivors. Womankind offers a 24/7 helpline, counseling and case management services for survivors and their children, emergency residential housing, immigration and family legal services, and other support services.
With a $6 million annual budget, Womankind raises the majority of its funds through Federal State and City grants and the rest through foundations, corporations and individuals. The Womankind Development Department is comprised of a Director of Development, Development Manager, and a part-time Communications Associate. The department is also supported by volunteers, as needed. Womankind seeks a Development Associate to support year-round fundraising efforts for a rapidly expanding agency. This position has great potential for growth. The Development Associate position is full-time with benefits, and officially reports to the Development Director.
- Process donations and manage the donor database, including generating reports and donor correspondence and mailings
- Train and supervise administrative volunteer(s) on the database
- Conduct research for grants
- Assist with the planning and coordination of cultivation and fundraising events targeting individual giving
- Coordinate with the part-time Communications Associate on social media and online campaigns that support fundraising
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of relevant non-profit fundraising experience.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, research and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using donor database/software and social media platforms.
- Highly motivated with ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proactive with ability to work independently and to problem-solve.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and open to flexible hours around fundraising events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interest in the area of violence against women and/or Asian communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to speak an Asian language a plus.