Full-Time Director of Data and Performance Management
The Director of Data and Performance Management is a seasoned, results-oriented professional with a successful track record of providing leadership and oversight over the implementation and submission of program, development, employee performance-related and contract required data metrics and reports associates with organizational performance. This position will be responsible for the implementation and operations oversight of the organization’s performance measurement systems, decision-support tools and processes for promoting the practice of using data reports and visualizations as a critical tool for program modification and improvement, and for ensuring that the appropriate analyses and reports are prepared and disseminated to meet internal and external reporting and compliance requirements. These systems include, but are not limited to:
- Apricot cloud-based performance management and reporting system,
- Qlik enterprise data visualization platform,
- R Studio,
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) data warehouse, and
- My SQL workbench.
Experience in the development of dynamic data visualizations, data mining and workflow processes, systems integration, as well as overall data governance and quality assurance is strongly preferred. This individual provides direction, supervision, oversight and technical assistance as needed for operational issues and to manage departmental workflow. In addition, the Director of Data and Performance Management – in collaboration with the Vice President of Evaluation and Learning – coordinates and supports the execution of strategic evidence-building initiatives and special evaluation and technical innovation projects.
The Director of Data and Performance Management reports to the Vice President of Evaluation and Learning , supervises Data and Evaluation Analysts and serves as a primary day-to-day resource throughout the organization around data and performance management related activities and deliverables. The Director of Data and Performance Management will ensure that data is routinely collected and reviewed to support management and staff to ensure that program implementation meets quality, fidelity and accountability standards and is based on robust research relevant to First Place’s work. This position requires an individual with deep public sector performance management experience and technical expertise to maintain our capacity to infuse and sustain a data- and evidence-based culture of learning and continuous quality improvement.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in data and performance management related field, demonstrating progressively higher levels of responsibility in managing and leading complex data management and reporting projects
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, directing technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sophisticated technical data into accessible, actionable and meaningful information for decision-making and program improvement