This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
27 Aug 2019
Full-Time Director of Product Management
Truss is a software company tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
We are known for our pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees; and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work.
When you join us, you’re joining a team that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t just talk the talk. We’re fully distributed, and offer the opportunity to work and learn across multiple sectors and disciplines. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set while working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
We’re looking for a servant leader to join our leadership team and build out our product management practice. This position reports to the CEO, and pays a salary range of $180,000 – $250,000.
What you’ll do:
As the Director of Product Management, you’ll bring our values to our clients and help drive understanding as to what their end users truly need. You’re a strategic thinker who can make quick impactful interventions, while also planning for long-term goals. You’re a good listener, and a clear and thoughtful communicator who can persuasively make your case. You take ownership, are accountable, and make progress on meaningful things.
Here’s what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis:
- Establish and communicate a foundational approach to product management at Truss.
- Iterate on our product management approach by drawing from your experience, field knowledge, and input from employees and clients.
- Shape the profile we’ll use to attract product managers and leaders and oversee recruitment efforts.
- Mentor, coach and inspire the product managers on your team. Help them solve problems and deepen their capabilities.
- Collaborate across disciplines and teams to deliver meaningful outcomes for our clients and our company.
- Work closely with your fellow leaders to strategize and achieve company-wide goals.
What we hope you’ll bring:
- 6+ years experience in product management working directly with design and engineering teams in complex agile software development environments.
- Ability to advance the interests and strategies of an organization while advocating from the product leadership perspective.
- Experience building, leading and developing a diverse team of high-performing product managers and teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, from executives to junior level team members.
- Experience working in a client services environment; familiarity with government or other highly regulated industry a plus.
- Capacity to adapt and deliver outcomes in environments of change.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a related field.
This position is for a Director, level 5 as detailed in our leveling guide.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!