Full-Time Executive Associate – Head of Strategy
ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of the Omidyar Group, which represents the philanthropic, personal and professional interests of the Omidyar family.
Humanity United is seeking an experienced, dynamic Executive Associate who will work with the Head of Strategy, Learning and Impact. This position will coordinate logistics, build an effective support structure, and lead and execute various functions, events, and projects related to the Head of Strategy, Learning and Impact’s scope of work.
The Executive Associate will also conduct analysis and research on key Strategy, Learning and Impact projects, provide recommendations and create presentations. Work will be done in partnership with the Executive Management Team, The CEO’s office and the Board of Trustees.
The Executive Associate must be pro-active, creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide administrative support, including calendaring, filing, completing timesheets, submitting expense reports, creating project plans and PowerPoint slides/presentations, preparing emails, etc.
• Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral or response.
• Manage and facilitate travel, meeting and conference agenda and logistics, including providing research, the necessary meeting materials and travel arrangements and preparing briefing packages/talking points and speech outlines.
• Anticipate needs and make proactive recommendations on how to improve the Head of Strategy, Learning and Impact’s time management and overall effectiveness.
• Provide regular reporting on the functioning of the teams that the executive manages in order to maximize efficiency and cohesiveness.
• Coordinate information flow between the Head of Strategy and the rest of the organization, specifically the executive team, her direct reports and other key functions and investment teams.
• Demonstrate professionalism through accuracy, credibility, trust and support in all interactions, internal or external. Always maintain a resourceful and conscientious attitude toward others.
• Manage multiple complex departmental/company-wide projects (including team off-sites), including creating and managing project plans, scheduling all needed meetings and managing status and completion of team deliverables.
• Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on key Strategy, Learning and Impact projects.
• Maintain self-driven approach during all stages of the assignment, from preparation through completion, often under the pressures of financial budgetary constraints and time deadlines.
• Compile and review Board documents, working with the office of the President & CEO to ensure clarity, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong work tenure: 5+ years experience working with C-level Executives.
• Experience with the preparation and management of reports and presentations for Board meetings.
• Action Orientation – A decisive, quick study with proven ability to accurately analyze information; identify key trends, and complete strategic analysis and form recommendations.
• Expert level oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Emotional maturity, exemplifying professionalism and a strong work ethic.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion. Experience working with high profile individuals or personal information, using appropriate sensitivity.
• Excellent with follow-up and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and partnership development skills to work successfully with a variety of individuals and cultures.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
• High degree of flexibility and adaptability required or indicative of a start-up, entrepreneurial or changing work environment.
• Highly resourceful team-player, self confident, creative and independent self-starter, employing diplomacy at all times.
• Ability to set boundaries and manage expectations.
• Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel, and strong familiarity with the other products in the Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to create present materials, tables, and charts.
• Have demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and synthesize information, providing recommendations when needed.
• Fluency (not expertise) across key operational areas such as financial analysis, HR, IT, Legal, Grants Management, and knowledge of what foundations do and how they typically work.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary. This position is not conducive to remote work.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.