Full-Time Financial Analyst
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
The Impact Fund for Children is an impact investing program of UNICEF USA that uses innovative finance tools to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve its mission worldwide for every child. We established our first financial tool, the Bridge Fund, in 2011, which remains our core business today. The Bridge Fund accelerates funding to UNICEF to bridge the timing gaps that arise between when financial commitments are made and cash is secured to ensure its life-saving work continues seamlessly around the world when speed or continuity is essential.
It is an exciting and dynamic time to join the Impact Fund for Children as we develop and execute our strategy for growth and build out our team. We seek to substantially expand the Bridge Fund’s activity, as well as pilot new impact investing products in partnership with UNICEF, including SME lending and development impact bonds, among others.
With large, unmet global financing needs for children and inadequate progress on child-related indicators for the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (the “SDGs”), we seek to maximize the potential of impact investing to enable UNICEF and UNICEF USA to foster systemic, sustainable improvements in child survival and socio-economic opportunity. Our vision is to position UNICEF, UNICEF USA, and the Impact Fund as the brands offering some of the most attractive funding opportunities for impact investors and catalytic donors seeking to help solve the biggest challenges confronting children worldwide.
The Financial Analyst is a new and critical role for the Impact Fund that will play a key role in the day to day financial operations and assist in the modeling and structuring of our growing pipeline. Though the intended scope is outlined below, we are seeking a team player with the versatility to support a growing team with diversifying needs. And, though this is a technical role, it is one that equally requires the candidate to demonstrate that they can partner with all UUSA business units and think strategically.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct and prepare underwriting and due diligence for all transactions including providing clear and concise financial analysis of Nongovernmental Organizations, Multilaterals and approved UN Governments to determine financial health
- Cash-flow modeling and liquidity analysis for Impact Fund loan pool and transactions
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of financial models for the due diligence and monitoring of the Impact Fund for Children transaction portfolio
- Assist in legal closings of new loans, renewals and new investment to ensure legal packages are complete, liaising with legal counsel
- Working with the finance department, assist in preparation of annual auditing requirements and quarterly and annual statements
- Track budget revenue and expenses aligned with strategic plan
- Provide reporting needs of Bridge Fund on ad-hoc and routine basis for requests, board books, meetings, etc.
- Integrate Impact Fund data collection and reporting into UUSA data systems and processes and steward Impact Fund data determining essential points for operational dashboards and impact reporting
- In conjunction with Impact Fund leadership, manage the quarterly report process working with team to outline content, provide impact data, and manage marketing and outside freelancers
- Perform prospect research for donors and investors for impact investing and maintain prospect list and work with other UUSA teams
- Perform and maintain landscape analysis of other NGO participants and organizations involved in impact investing
- Event support including Annual Meeting
- Assist with all special projects and administrative support needs of team
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a financial services field, either nonprofit or private sector (i.e. operations, investment banking, private equity, development finance, community development, venture capital, accountancy). Knowledge and experience in impact investment strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or International Development a plus
- Familiarity with fixed income products, particularly small and medium enterprise lending
- Sound understanding and/or direct experience of financial modeling
- Proficient writing skills with ability to digest complex concepts in simple terms
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to work independently and lead projects; ability to take initiative, think strategically and work creatively
- A genuine team player with outstanding interpersonal skills to interface with people at all levels and backgrounds and various departments, such as finance, marketing and development
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
- Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.