Full-Time Food Enterprises / Food System Associate
About DAISA Enterprises, LLC
DAISA Enterprises is a growing consulting and tech development firm bringing entrepreneurial passion and agility to a diverse range of clients to support the realization of equitable food systems and vibrant communities. Projects are at the nexus of food, culture, community, and economic development. DAISA specializes in innovative and community-based approaches to strategy consulting, program design and management, and impact evaluation. DAISA is addressing an exciting niche, and has been able to secure nationally significant projects with such clients as the Kresge Foundation, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation and Self-Help Credit Union, amongst others, and is launching innovative products and investments.
The Associate Position
This full-time position provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and impactful firm working with regional and national foundations, social enterprises, government agencies, and community-based non-profits to improve community health, and innovate new programs and technologies. This role requires prior direct experience with food systems projects and/or businesses, and a deep commitment to social justice and equitable community development.
The Associate will be immersed in exciting projects working with a small team of passionate colleagues and a number of diverse stakeholders, and will have an opportunity for growth in responsibilities. Tasks will vary and could include designing and executing research; data analysis and recommendations; developing and reviewing business plans; preparing and executing meetings, trainings and events; designing and conducting stakeholder surveys and interviews and more.
The successful candidate must have a commitment to comprehend and internalize the DAISA values and larger vision of the work and be able to manage and competently execute tasks, as well as to take a proactive and creative approach. DAISA is innovating new approaches and initiatives in a challenging space – the Associate must be excited and comfortable being in an entrepreneurial environment and team.
Skills & Required Experience
- A relevant graduate degree strongly preferred, i.e. MBA, MPPA, MPH, Food Systems
- Experience with food systems projects and/or social impact businesses, business planning, and/or with research, analysis, field scan and participatory research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, strong excel, data analysis skills
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work effectively within a telecommuting environment/ remote team
- A willing team player, problem solver, proactive and keen to contribute ideas, while also listening and responding to different stakeholders and feedback
- Fluency with workplace technology – Office suite, Google suite, project management tools, social media
- Some regional and national travel is required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- High quality benefits package including health insurance, 401k savings plan, generous paid vacation, opportunity to participate in a profit sharing plan