Full-Time Food Systems Consultant / Associate
About DAISA Enterprises, LLC
DAISA Enterprises is a growing consulting firm bringing entrepreneurial passion and agility to a diverse range of clients to support the realization of equitable food systems and vibrant communities. Projects are at the nexus of food, culture, community, and economic development. DAISA specializes in innovative and community- based approaches to strategy consulting, program design, and management. DAISA is addressing an exciting niche, and has been able to secure nationally significant projects with such clients as The Kresge Foundation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and ArtPlace America, amongst others, and is launching innovative approaches and investments. DAISA is the facilitator of the national Equitable Food-Oriented Development collaborative (www.efod.org). DAISA is a mission and values-driven company. See: www.daisaenterprises.com/values
DAISA is thrilled to be hiring for an additional member of our small and passionate team to contribute to our meaningful and powerful work! This full-time position provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and impactful firm working with regional and national foundations, social enterprises, government agencies, and community-based non-profits to improve community health and vibrancy. This role requires prior direct experience with food systems projects and/or businesses, and demonstrated leadership in social justice and equitable community development.
This new team member will be immersed in exciting projects working with a remote team of passionate colleagues and a number of diverse stakeholders, and will have an opportunity for growth in responsibilities. Tasks will vary and could include facilitating meetings; planning logistics and content for high-impact meetings and events; research towards field-building; business planning/development for social enterprises and more.
The successful candidate must have a commitment to, contribute to, and internalize, the DAISA values and larger vision of the work and be able to manage and competently execute tasks, as well as to take a proactive and creative approach. DAISA is innovating new approaches and initiatives in a challenging space – this team member must be excited and comfortable being in an entrepreneurial environment and team.
Skills & Required Experience
- Strong clear understanding of systems and impacts of racism and oppression within US context, demonstrated track record of personal engagement and leadership in addressing racism and racial injustice (ideally in the US), experience living and working in diverse communities, able to contribute credibly and effectively to equitable food systems.
- Experience with food systems projects, ideally multi-stakeholder.
- Our team is constantly being called on to respond to new projects and challenges in food systems change, from various angles, requiring diverse skills and experiences. We do not expect any candidate to have all of the four skillsets below, but would love to find a new team member that brings one or two of these to our team. In your cover letter please succinctly highlight what experience you would bring to the DAISA team from the following list:
- Business planning/development for food enterprises or social enterprises.
- Event logistics planning and/or facilitation (for meetings 25-100 people), ideally incorporating sustainability and community values.
- Communications, including social, campaign strategy or execution.
- Community mobilization or organizing through arts, including leading storytelling and/or performance art.
- Education or work experience that is commensurate with a position of this responsibility. We expect the successful candidate to possess real world experience leading relevant projects, companies, or organizing efforts for several years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, strong excel and data analysis skills.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work effectively within a telecommuting environment/ remote team.
- A willing team player, problem solver, proactive and keen to contribute ideas, while also listening and responding to different stakeholders and feedback. Empathetic.
- Fluency with workplace technology – Office suite, Google suite, project management tools, social media.
- Some regional and national travel is required (roughly monthly, often for several days at a time).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- High quality benefits package including health insurance, 401k savings plan, generous paid vacation, opportunity to participate in company profit sharing plan.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Please send resume and cover letter* to email@example.com Deadline: February 15, 2020 * Please address these two items within your one page cover letter:
- Prior experience with food projects and work addressing racism and racial injustice.
- Summary of the 1-2 skills you would bring to the team from our list above.