Full-Time Global Nutrition and Health Lead and Associate
We are seeking to fill two separate but related roles.
Exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience to coordinate One Acre Fund’s overall nutrition, health, and WASH portfolio, and an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience to run field programming.
Associate: Muramvya, Burundi; Global lead: Flexible
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
By 2020, One Acre Fund expects to have one million or more households in our product distribution and training network, including roughly five million children. With this growth, we are seeing the ability to influence the adoption of life-improving products at a meaningful scale. Working through this network to affect nutrition and health outcomes is emerging as an increasingly large impact priority. Our program has already demonstrated statistically significant reductions in reported hunger, but we want to take this work to the next level, through a comprehensive nutrition and health program that improves key outcomes like childhood stunting in our farmer population.
Our large, high-touch smallholder farmer network is an ideal setting for deeper investments in health and nutrition. The Global Nutrition and Health Lead will coordinate new health and nutrition projects across all of our countries, while the Nutrition Associate will manage a slate of in-country trials and trainings.
We are seeking two exceptional professionals with 3+ years (5+ years’ for the Global Lead) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development and nutrition/health/WASH. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
– Experience implementing on-the-ground, impactful programs (preferably in the public health / nutrition space) at scale. Examples include running a nutrition-related RCT, a large-scale WASH campaign in a developing country, or an exceptionally high-quality Peace Corps / VSO program.
– Strong background in public health, including 3-5+ years’ experience in the sector and an MPH or equivalent advanced degree, with a strong understanding of health systems, and experience providing nutrition technical assistance to governments or other organizations required. (Required for Global Lead, preferred for Associate).
– Fluency with nutrition global health trends, including innovations in maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, and community health workers required. (Required for Global Lead, preferred for Associate).
– Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
– Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
– A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
– Language: English required in all locations. French required for Burundi placement. Other useful languages are Kirundi and Swahili.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East African Nationals are encouraged to apply.