Internship Intern, US Strategy, Resource Mobilization & Private Sector Partnerships
Key results expected:
- Work directly with US Strategy team to support evolving project needs in a fast-paced environment;
- In-depth research as requested on subjects ranging from biosecurity strategies to investigating potential private sector partners and points of synergy with Gavi;
- Supporting the development of briefings and backgrounders for senior Gavi leadership on a range of global health, political, and private sector subjects;
- Contribute to the US Strategy Team’s Mid-Term Review strategy for 2018 by providing logistic support for events, research as directed, and essential work-products such as briefs and presentations;
- Attend key events within the DC area and report back to the team (both US and Geneva teams as relevant) on matters of interest to the organization;
- Gain global health skills and knowledge, including advocacy activities and stakeholders, US foreign assistance budgets and legislation, as well as private sector partnerships supporting Gavi’s work and mission.
Main duties/ Tasks:
- Support staff in preparing various types of documents, including but not limited to presentations, blogs and PowerPoints for meetings, events, and various activities linked to donor relations and prospecting new supporters in private sector;
- Conduct research on prospective private sector partners and their strategic engagement with Gavi;
- As directed, conduct legislative research to understand its impact on Gavi, and provide content-based research on various subjects of interest (e.g. US biosecurity preparedness);
- Support the development and review of fact sheets, reports, and briefing materials for use with U.S. government officials as well as with prospective new partners;
- Assist staff with logistics for events and meetings;
- Attend think tank events in DC and report back to the team on key actions/themes.
- Assist the team with knowledge/database management;
- Assist with developing and managing a social media platform for the Director of US Strategy.
Qualifications and selection: The intern must be enrolled in a degree program (graduate preferred) in health, medicine, development, business, communications, or other relevant area. Desired skills and qualifications:
- Academic background and experience in public administration, international relations or development, business, public health or other related fields;
- Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office Applications especially PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, open environment; Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and experience with media relations;
- Must be a team player, personable, and able to work well with others.
- Fluent in English; French desirable