Temporary IT Project Management Fellow
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 250,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $42 million in fuel expenditures and 726,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a smart and energetic project manager to come and manage the implementation of a new ERP system for a six month consultancy, with potential for further extension. We have not decided on the system yet but are looking at Sage, Dynamics and Epicor.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Project manage the set up and implementation of the new ERP system.
• Work with the implementation partner on all the setup and hardware needs.
• Ensure the project is running according to timeline.
• Learn how to use the system so that new employees can be trained up on it internally.
• Develop a detailed resource plan for the period leading up to go-live to ensure successful changeover from one system to another.
• Develop a framework and plan for data migration.
• Work with the implementation partner to develop a framework for ERP system maintenance, backup and updates.
• Ensuring best practice in ERP implementation methods are used during the implementation.
• Plan a post implementation timeline for support
• Troubleshoot any issues post go-live and be the liaison person with the implementing partner or ERP provider to solve the issues
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience implementing an ERP system or other large scale IT infrastructure
• Project management experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A can-do attitude and willingness to get jump into a variety of projects
• Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, IT etc.) desirable
Desired start date: Flexible, but ideally asap.
Salary range is $2,000 – $3,000 per month, depending on experience and skill level.