Full-Time Lead Software Engineer
Healthy Minds Innovations (HMI) is an early-stage non-profit, mission-driven organization led by world-renowned neuroscientist Richard Davidson. Our focus is to promote well-being in the world by disseminating tools and services developed through research conducted at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. HMI has two goals: (1) Develop and disseminate tools and services based on neuroscientific discoveries so people can develop skills that support well-being for themselves and others, and (2) Generate revenue from these tools and services as a funding source to sustain and expand the research. These tools may be distributed directly to the general public but more likely through partnerships with mission-aligned organizations with well-established infrastructure and pipelines.
Healthy Minds Innovations is currently looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to lead development of our mobile and web products. The ideal candidate will successfully combine problem-solving, excellent communication skills and broad technical knowledge. This position requires the ability to work with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
What you will do
• Provide hands-on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making in a multi-platform environment, including mobile, web, VR and wearables
• Partner with product leadership to build and lead our internal development team
• Work with product management, scientists and partners in an Agile environment
• Break down large deliverables into manageable tasks to create high quality, test-driven software
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging mobile and web-based software solutions at scale
• Experience building both iOS and Android mobile applications
• Experience with leading development teams, establishing process and best practices, and defining and implementing scalable architecture and technology solutions
• Experience with IaaS and cloud-based system architectures
• Work efficiently, effectively and autonomously in an Agile product development environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
• Curiosity and a love of learning
Good to Have:
• Experience with React Native
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with virtual reality and wearable technologies
• Experience with data security and privacy frameworks
• Product Management
• Customer Success
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Benefits: HMI offers a full benefits package.