Full-Time Manager, Investments/Programs
ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of the Omidyar Group, which represents the philanthropic, personal and professional interests of the Omidyar family.
Humanity United is seeking a full-time Investment Manager based at Humanity United’s office in Washington, DC reporting to the Director of Investments leading HU’s Labor Migration and Human Trafficking work.
The Investment Manager will work as part of the Labor Migration and Human Trafficking team, supporting the Director of Investments to implement a strategic initiative focused on eliminating labor abuses from Nepal’s brick industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Investment Manager will be responsible for day-to-day implementation of HU’s brick strategy, including:
• Managing partner relationships and overseeing implementation of programs addressing forced, bonded and child labor in the brick industry. This includes frequent communication and coordination with HU’s partners to ensure funded organizations are effectively supported and able to achieve their program goals.
• Identifying key strategies and leverage points to achieve HU’s intended impact using a complex systems approach
• Identifying and cultivating new partners and approaches
• Managing grant processes and reporting
• Supporting program evaluations and other key research
• International and domestic travel, up to 25% of time
• Other responsibilities as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidates will have:
• At least eight (8) years of experience, with at least five (5) years of increasingly complex responsibilities in international program design and program management on labor rights, preferably in South Asia.
• A demonstrated passion for human rights, labor rights, human trafficking, or other related social justice issue.
• Graduate degree in public health, social work, public policy and management, or related field with a passion for capacity building and program implementation.
• Experience managing social enterprises or other market-driven approaches.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with proven ability to track detail on various projects;
• Experience in program monitoring and evaluation, including developing and reporting on program indicators. Comfort with quantitative and financial analysis a plus.
• Creative problem solving skills with capability to innovate and employ non-traditional approaches.
• Demonstrated analytical and research experience (writing sample may be required from finalists).
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience public speaking and ability to convey complex subjects
• Strong collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
• Experience taking initiative and working under pressure, while displaying a high level of integrity, adaptability, attention to detail, and accuracy.
• Excellent planning, organizing, time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization capabilities
• Embodies high level of ethics and core values.
• Tactful in dealing with diverse people or situations; understands and appreciates cultural differences.
• Professional and responsive demeanor: warm, efficient, knowledgeable, and tactful with a good sense of humor.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite in Mac based platform
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.