Full-Time Marketing Associate, Impact Investing
Role: Marketing Associate, Impact Investing
Term: Full-time, temporary to permanent
Type: Early- to mid-career
Location: New York, NY or San Francisco, CA (please indicate your preference)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: December 18, 2017 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career individual with a background in marketing to apply that skillset to supporting social and environmental causes through impact investing.
The Marketing Associate will have an opportunity to play an important role in shaping and guiding Tideline’s marketing efforts, as the firm continues to grow and expand its role in the market. In addition, the Marketing Associate will play a supportive role in business development for the firm, helping to coordinate those activities and follow up on promising opportunities. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad knowledge of the impact investing market.
Candidates will be considered for Tideline’s New York and San Francisco offices. Candidates will be offered an initial six-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, depending on the business’s needs at that time and performance.
Core responsibilities include:
● Collaborate with the firm’s partners to further shape Tideline’s marketing strategy
● Coordinate and oversee all marketing-related activities
● Enhance Tideline’s social media presence and curate content for social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
● Draft and update long-form and short-form content for marketing materials, including website content
● Support the development and drafting of thought leadership and other publication opportunities
● Identify events and other opportunities appropriate for marketing and business development, and coordinate
and support preparations for the firm’s participation
● Act as the central coordinator for the firm’s business development activities
● Support team on business development through any related research needed
● Coordinate and support the drafting of proposals for new project opportunities
● Monitor and report on analytics related to marketing and business development efforts
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
● Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in relevant field a plus though not required
● Two to four years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or business development, ideally at a
consulting firm, financial services firm, or investment firm
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
● Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
● Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and ideally Word and Excel
● Experience participating in the planning, execution, and iteration of an integrated marketing strategy
● Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
● Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
● Sense of humor and self-awareness