Full-Time Marketing Lead
Makers4Good – Marketing Lead
Makers4Good.com develops and sells consumer products and donates 100% of profits to social good causes.
Makers4good.com began seven years ago with the design and release of a drum tempo monitoring tool for your smart phone (Backbeater). We since added a smart phone light meter (Luxi) a USB charger that uses Dewalt batteries (PoweriSite) and a solar flashlight and power bank (HELIO). These product are in the different product spaces of music education, outdoor adventure, and photography.
About the Marketing Lead
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Lead to direct Makers4Good’s overall marketing efforts. In this role, you will have oversight for development and implementation of marketing strategies focused on increasing our marketing channels, and boosting our wholesale and retail product movement. Your effective marketing efforts will help us strengthen our Company’s success to better support our social giving actions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Our most urgent need is in marketing execution. While tuning our strategic marketing elements, described below, are important, enough quality materials exist that getting marketing messages out into the world will be the first responsibilities of our Marketing Lead:
- Increase product and Company visibility across a variety of platforms.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns, including Company branding, product branding, social media campaigns, and overall messaging.
- Collaborate on creation and execution of effective, measurable advertising and promotions.
- Review, improve, and create collateral materials expressing and increasing product value.
In our effort to continually improve our products and processes there’s an ongoing need to adjust at a high level:
- Organize and coordinate the strategic marketing of existing and new products in conjunction with engineering, product management, non-profit management and with external resources.
- Understand and express the value proposition of each product. In addition, an ability to be a significant team member in the creation and expression of new brands will be important.
- Refine brand identity with graphics, collateral, online presence, and other materials for product positioning.
- Create strategies for getting our message and products in front of our potential customers. The effectiveness of these strategies will be reflected in increased product sales.
Our Marketing Lead will work closely with a variety of non profit organizations to create collateral materials, giving campaigns and partnership strategies to ensure our messaging, our philanthropic activities, and our giving and social good intent are as effective as possible.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Strong desire to learn
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Drive, online analytics, and Google Adwords
- Ability to track and asses campaign effectiveness
- Analytical capabilities for correlating marketing to sales
- Facility with social media platforms
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Video production or editing experience a plus
- HTML / CSS a plus
- Work location will be in downtown Palo Alto, California