Full-Time Parent Partner
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving adolescents and young adults with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
POSITION: Parent Partner – Wraparound
Minimum high school diploma. Past consumer of county-related or similar services, successfully transitioned to self-sufficiency. Qualifying candidate will have had personal experience of interacting with the system such as DCFS, DMH, Probation themselves or youth under their care. Able to functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Familiarity with principles of family-centered, strengths-based services. Knowledge of the community resources. Typing and basic computer skills required. Bilingual in Spanish required.
• Facilitate family’s involvement in all aspects of the Wraparound process.
• Provide family support, acts as advocate for family in all aspects of the Wraparound process.
• Assist family to have a voice in Team meetings.
• Model and coach family in such areas as communication skills, anger management, problem solving, stress management, appropriate discipline, etc.
• Provide in-home direct service to families.
• Assist families with contacting and following through with community resources.
• Guide family through intricacies of service delivery system.
• Participate on the Child and Family Team, helping the engagement of child, family, extended family and informal resources. Participate in the development of Child and Family Plans.
• Interface with DCFS, DMH, court systems, schools and other community liaisons.
• Ensure 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis. Participate in he development of appropriate crisis plans.
• Arrange work schedule or required hours to the benefit of the FSP Department.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
• Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
• Dental, vision, and life insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Vacation and Sick Time Leave