Full-Time Program Associate, Environmental Education
About the Organization
The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world. By mainstreaming powerful new solutions, we will spark immediate gains and lasting benefits for people and nature.
To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter with a passion for environmental issues to join our mission-driven team as Program Associate, Environmental Education. The Environmental Education Program knows that when it comes to getting kids the environmental know-how they need to become well-prepared stewards of their rapidly changing world and more engaged in learning and active outdoors, environmental education delivers—whether in a classroom, canoe, or anywhere in between. The Program Associate plays a critical role in grants management and monitoring as well as core operating functions for the program and the Foundation. The position reports to the Environmental Education Senior Program Officer.
Grantmaking and Monitoring: Support Senior Program Officer in the strategic development of the program and grant portfolios by assisting in planning, research, development, monitoring, and assessing grant proposals and reports. Assist in assessing grantee and program progress toward strategic outcomes and goals.
Grant Management: Support the mechanics of the program and grant portfolios by managing program pipeline, budget, and document workflow, maintaining files, and acting as internal/external liaison on document requests and submissions. Collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer, the Grants Manager, and fellow Program Associates.
Communications: Contribute to the Foundation’s voice and presence by crafting presentations, blogs, and social media content.
Program Operations: Support the program’s day-to-day operations and events by scheduling meetings and calls, producing expense reports, and providing notetaking and other meeting support.
Foundation Support: Contribute to Foundation operations by working with colleagues on board meeting preparation, staff committees, organization development (contacts and mailing lists, teambuilding, recruiting/training). Execute special projects as assigned.
Research, Analysis, and Synthesis: Conducts research as directed by the Senior Program Officer to advance and stay apprised of field developments.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of professional experience within philanthropy, non-profits, or other change-making endeavors, in the private or public sectors. Master’s degree a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental education and demonstrated interest in related issues.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy.
- Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high-quality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, over email, and through formal work products and presentations.
- Ability to represent the Foundation and build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, partners, and grantees with a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite—Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook—and ease with databases.
- Ability to travel occasionally and attend some evening events.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic organization.
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation’s mission.
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.