Part-Time Program Coordinator
The mission of New Brunswick Community Food Alliance (NBCFA) is the development and maintenance of a sustainable local food system in the city of New Brunswick so that all of its residents have access to adequate amounts of nutritious, safe, affordable, and culturally appropriate food at all times in socially acceptable ways, and enjoy the health and economic benefits of a strong local food system. Its goals are to:
• Explore methods and provide recommendations to ensure that healthy, safe, affordable and culturally appropriate food is readily available to every New Brunswick resident.
• Increase residents’ knowledge on how making healthy food choices can positively influence public health, social responsibility, and environmental sustainability.
• Promote community economic development for the creation of living wage jobs and local engagement and ownership in many sectors of the food system.
• Promote local, sustainable agriculture and help New Brunswick transition to a local food system that supports energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable practices in all sectors.
The organization is composed of representatives from various sectors of the food system, e.g., residents, community leaders, experts in nutrition and urban agriculture, city government.
The New Brunswick Community Food Alliance (NBCFA) is currently seeking a part-time Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative, communication, and management tasks. Reporting to the Chair of the NBCFA, the Program Coordinator will help in planning and organizing both community events and programming, and carry out important operational duties. To be a program coordinator for the NBCFA, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working in large and diverse teams, passionate about supporting local food systems, and fluent in English and Spanish.
Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator are as follows:
• Maintain communication in all forms including print, electronic, and social media among NBCFA members and between NBCFA and New Brunswick community.
• Establish standard procedures and become the point person in support of NBCFA workgroups
• Recruit, coordinate and oversee volunteer efforts
• Fulfill information requests from workgroups/community partners
• Support/ plan events for NBCFA and its workgroups
• Promote the NBCFA through community outreach efforts and represent the organization at community events and meetings
Hours are flexible, however, the successful candidate must be able to attend monthly evening meetings.