Full-Time Sales Manager, Uganda
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 200,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are looking for someone to join the team and drive the sales expansion into Tanzania. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales for East Africa.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Strategy: Develop and present the country’s Sales and Marketing strategy.
• Management: Manage 20 person Sales and Activation Team
• Business Development: Develop new sales channels.
• Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships / customer accounts and develops new ones.
• Marketing: Working with our VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing, develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through retail, MFI, distributor and corporate channels
• Forecasting: Assist in sales forecasting; develop and track the budget for country sales and marketing.
• Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team and Board of Directors highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
• New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and market needs and wants.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 4 years sales and marketing experience, preferably in FMCG or Consumer Durable Goods.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• High level of comfort working with business clients
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
• Consumer product sales experience
• Experience managing teams
• An ability to laugh and not get too frustrated by the challenges that come with working in Africa!
Desired start date: Early 2017
Salary is commensurate with experience