Temporary Senior Administrative Assistant, Investments (Maternity Cover)
Key results expected:
• Efficient day-to-day communications, investment analysis, data management, and logistics support for the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Investments team members;
• Ensure accurate and high quality internal and external communication with senior level executives (e.g. Board members, senior partners, portfolio managers, and strategists);
• Identify and implement process improvements to drive team efficiency in running multi-billion investment portfolios;
• Thrive in a team and a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships;
• Contribute to the overall efficient running of the Geneva and Washington DC offices.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
• Prepares data and insightful exhibits for PowerPoint presentations for the Executive team, Investment Committee, other GAVI Alliance Board members and GAVI Alliance staff;
• Acts as primary contact to investment managers and custodian on portfolio transactions (e.g. sales, redemptions, funding new mandates ranging in size typically from $10 million to $150 million);
• Coordinate all letters of instruction to investment vendors and follows up on timely and accurate execution of transactions;
• Prepares fund subscription agreements, anti-money laundering documents, contract amendments, and other corporate disclosures;
• Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) under guidance of CIO, documents key requirements, organises and summarises data. Coordinates process and corporate requirements with GAVI Procurement and Legal teams.
Investment analysis (30%)
• Reviews investment manager month-end and transactions fund statements (e.g., typically 20 to 30 statements per month), back office performance reports, custodian reports, and follows up on corrective action, if necessary;
• Review monthly investment performance reports prepared by third-party back office;
• Calculate monthly performance estimates and provide other data and insight for Chief Investment Officer’s monthly investment commentary;
• Retrieves and interprets Bloomberg data such as fixed income, equities and commodities indices, inflation data, gross domestic product, investment fund descriptions, etc.;
• Prepares data (e.g., performance, correlations) and identifies effective graphs and charts for use in internal and external presentations.
• Review Treasury’s monthly cash forecasts and monitor future incoming or outgoing transactions.
Data management (20%)
• Identifies team’s needs and customisation requirements for information technology (e.g., Salesforce, Nintex) platforms;
• Acts as the main point of contact between the Investments team and the IT Project Manager and has primary team responsibility in working group meetings;
• Attends training sessions and keeps the Investments team updated on relevant platform features;
• Stays current on Bloomberg functions and researches new features for team use;
• Reconciles Investment team budget data, identifies issues and follows up on corrective action with GAVI Finance team, if necessary.
• Coordinates the scheduling of performance and due diligence reviews with investment managers and ensures that appropriate presentation materials are made available to meeting participants in advance;
• Manages the procurement process for team, including new vendor set-up, and review and payment of vendor invoices;
• Prepares travel authorizations, expense reports;
• Updates the Investment team’s administrative manual as necessary.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in economics or international relations studies preferred.
• Preferred 3-4 years of work experience at an international private sector, non-profit or financial services organisation.
• Experience in interpreting data (economic and investment), as well as, using data for developing presentations to persuade an audience on a course of action.
• Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to a complex, fast-paced environment.
• In order of importance, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Excel competency should include an understanding of how to prepare data and applying Excel functions and formulas (e.g., lookup tables, statistical functions, financial functions).
• Must be mathematically inclined.
• Basic understanding of financial and investment concepts.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Ability to take technical information and to explain it to a non-technical audience.
• Professional demeanour: tact, discretion and judgment.
• Must be comfortable in taking initiative on projects.
• Excellent organisational skills; ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
• English is required. Fluency in French is an asset. Fluency in other languages also helpful.
• Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance Secretariat, especially Legal, Governance, Finance and Procurement teams.
• Gavi Board members
• Senior executives
• Portfolio managers
• Investment vendors
• Partner organisations
GAVI is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.