Full-Time Senior Outreach Manager
About the Position
We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Senior Outreach Manager to develop outreach strategy and lead execution for our growing network. This person is the engine for Net Impact’s member engagement. They will be responsible for recruiting thousands of young people each year to participate in a portfolio of leadership programs on diverse issues, from food security to climate change to economic challenges.
The Senior Manager, Outreach will be both a strategic leader and a do-er. To reach the right audiences, this person will test and scale diverse approaches, including sourcing the right leads on campuses, using digital tools to reach college students, building lasting partnerships, and bringing Net Impact to life at events. They will supervise the contributions of a small team of contractors and full-time staff, but they will also roll up their sleeves to perform tasks like those above to get the job done.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and driven by achievement. This role is fast-paced and will prove demanding during high volume times, so the individual must be energetic, eager, and resourceful.
- Develop and implement strategic recruiting and outreach plans to engage students and young professionals to participate in our ever-growing programs, events, and leadership opportunities
- Develop and organize outreach communications to leads in and out of network, such as email copy and informational documents
- Lead sourcing and management to maintain a healthy and active pipeline both in and out of network
- Cultivate relationships with partners, students, faculty, and more for expanded opportunities and to increase campus retention repeat engagement
- Create systems for tracking metrics to evaluate various strategies, key sources, and analyze acquisition efficiency
- Manage contractors and fellows to execute outreach plans throughout the year
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience in community management, sales, recruiting/outreach, partnership development, or equivalent
- Experience managing fast-paced projects with measurable goals
- 1-3 years’ experience hiring and supervising contractors or full time staff
- Strong ability to motivate audiences to take action in diverse formats, including over the phone, recruiting at live events, and through strategic written communications
- Ability to talk with students, faculty, and professionals about a wide range of topics with ease
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Tendency to take initiative naturally: an action-oriented self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Work experience with students or higher education organizations a plus
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of 350+ chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. At the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and generous benefits package
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to ApplyTo Apply Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Senior Manager, Outreach) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact;