Internship Social Entrepreneur internship in Sydney
StartSomeGood is a crowdfunding platform founded by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs. We work with game-changing social enterprises, non-profits, and individuals looking to make a positive impact worldwide. On our StartSomeGood.com platform, we help changemakers raise the funds they need and mobilise their community to get started. Our mission is to support innovation and create a world where anyone can be a changemaker. So far, more than 700 projects have raised $8 million AUD.
We are currently juggling a range of exciting projects to build the social enterprise sector in Australia and inspire more Australians to be changemakers, and to make the most of this opportunity we’re looking for two great entrepreneurial interns in Sydney.
This is not a normal internship, it’s a social entrepreneurship apprenticeship. There will be no coffee-making, just the opportunity to get out there and use your skills to make a difference. There will be elements of marketing, outreach, partnerships and event management and more. You’ll see the insides of a social enterprise startup and B Corp with an audacious mission to change the world.
You will be working directly with our founder and CEO Tom Dawkins to raise awareness of and inspire more participation in some exciting opportunities we’re launching for Australian social entrepreneurs. This may involve helping to create content and landing pages, representing us at events, reaching out to potential partners and helping organise and promote workshops and events.
Everything you do will matter. We don’t muck around, and we’ll make sure you learn, grow and contribute as much as possible during this experience. You will be given responsibility but also support, and have the opportunity to be creative and entrepreneurial in the pursuit of a goal.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Outreach to key organisations in the Australian social enterprise sector;
• Recruiting projects we can help to run great crowdfunding campaigns;
• Leading promotions for online courses and other opportunities, including being given a budget to experiment with;
• Developing landing pages and content packages;
• Representing us at events;
• Brainstorming new promotional initiatives and hacks;
• Being an active member of our virtual team (with team members in four countries);
• And whatever else is required to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for curious, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial individuals. This is not a normal internships, it’s an opportunity to be part of a fast-evolving start-up that needs ideas and a high level of involvement from everyone on the team, a chance to make a real impact, accelerating your career, our company, and the social entrepreneurship movement.
• Have high level of written and spoken communications skills
• Have a passion for social technologies and social entrepreneurship
• Be organised and self-motivated
• Be entrepreneurial
• Have a problem-solving mindset
• Be able to contribute 12-16 hours/week for a minimum two months