Full-Time Social Impact Analyst
We are seeking an analyst to join Pacific Community Venture’s impact investing consulting practice, PCV InSight. Over the past decade, our research projects and client engagements in impact measurement and evaluation have helped define and build the field of impact investing. Our clients include pension funds like CalPERS, for whom we analyze the social and economic impact of over $20 billion in California investments across multiple asset classes, as well as leading foundations, fund managers, and policymakers doing groundbreaking work in impact investing. Many of our projects are conducted in partnership with organizations such as Enterprise Community Partners, the Initiative for Responsible Investment (IRI) at Harvard University, and the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions an economy that works for everyone. For almost two decades, our programs have helped people achieve the American Dream by creating quality jobs and stimulating investment in local economies.
Our approach is unique. Our Small Business Advising and Lending programs help local economies thrive by connecting entrepreneurs to the expertise and capital they need to grow their businesses. At the macro level, PCV InSight — our impact investing consulting practice — conducts research and evaluation so that investors and policymakers can more effectively deploy large pools of capital to underserved communities in ways that create social good. Our approaches are scalable and create systemic change — yet are implemented in ways that are relevant to particular local economies — a truly “think globally/act locally” philosophy.
Why You’re Needed
The social impact analyst will be a dynamic team player with a strong analytical skill set and project management experience that is ready to contribute to PCV InSight consultations and research. This team member will play a critical role in delivering on client projects, while contributing directly to the growth of PCV more broadly. The analyst should welcome the opportunity and challenge to take on additional project management responsibilities as PCV InSight grows.
Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting
• Apply industry standard (IRIS) and customized metrics to measure investment results vis-à-vis clients’ social objectives
• Conduct data analyses and review analyses from other team members
• Design robust survey instruments and methodologies for collecting pertinent data
• Manage the launch, collection, and tracking of data collection surveys from fund managers and underlying portfolio businesses of client investments
• Prepare and write project reports, memorandums, and summaries
• Manage upgrade and creation of project-specific databases to house data and facilitate analysis
Business Development and General Management
• Liaise with PCV InSight clients and cultivate strong working relationships
• Assist in marketing and business development efforts
• Draft and deliver client presentations
• Provide analytical support to other program areas within PCV
Industry and Thought Leadership
• Prepare white papers highlighting relevant industry developments and other salient research
• Represent PCV InSight at industry events
• Cultivate industry and sector knowledge and expertise
• Produce blog entries and assist with PCV InSight’s social media presence
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• At least two years of experience in an analytical or research role — Prior social impact measurement or evaluation experience is a plus
• Demonstrated excellence in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Ability to effectively communicate data trends and findings both orally and in writing
• Strong command of Microsoft Excel, including efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
• Great interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients
• Experience managing or working in large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated interest in impact investing or community economic development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite — Experience with Salesforce is a plus
• Familiarity with Arc GIS or other mapping software to create maps and analyze location-based data is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.