Full-Time Teachers Aide – Sherman Oaks, CA $500.00 sign-on bonus
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving adolescents and young adults with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
POSITION: Teachers Aide – Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys, CA $500.00 sign-on bonus
The Help Group is seeking qualified TEACHER AIDES to join our dynamic team in Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys, CA. This is an ideal position for individuals with experience and passion for helping children with special needs reach their fullest potential. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to assist the teacher with all aspects of classroom instruction and behavior management, utilizing a positive, strengths-based approach.
• Two years’ of college coursework completion; AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred;
Relevant experience in the field of education, coaching tutoring and/or mentoring; experience;
• Candidates Applying to Early Education Programs: BA Degree required, as well as a minimum;
• Working with children with autism or other special needs a definite plus!
• Candidates with CBEST highly preferred!
• Demonstrated ability to follow teacher directives and work in a team environment
Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to follow a client (by running and/or walking) who is experiencing significant behavioral problems or has become AWOL from the facility (clients can be up to six feet tall and weigh over 200 pounds);
• Six months of experience working with children with special needs. Background related to autism, applied behavioral analysis, discrete trial, pivotal response.
• Experience with PECS and floor time a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instruct individual & small group lessons as directed by the classroom teacher;
• Implement behavior plans and manage student behavior utilizing positive, strength-based strategies;
• Apply appropriate crisis intervention protocols in accordance with Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program (CPI) and school/agency policies to ensure student safety;
• Assist with paperwork and record keeping as needed;
• Accompany students on school transportation (taxi/bus) during morning and afternoon routes.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
• Salary differential for bilingual candidates
• Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
• Dental, vision, and life insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Reimbursement of classes toward teaching credential
• Reimbursement to employees for successful completion of CBEST test;
• Small class sizes with a supportive staff and a professional environment