Full-Time UX/UI Designer
We’re Civilla, a Detroit-based design studio dedicated to driving meaningful change in the world. Our team’s excited to bring on our first UX/UI Designer. This is an opportunity to do work that matters, using design to impact millions of residents in Michigan and influence the nationwide conversation on the social safety net.
What will a day in the life look like?
Your days will vary, but an average day might look like this: You’ll pair up with a teammate to conduct ethnographic and user testing interviews. Following the interviews, you’ll join the design team to review feedback and make sense of what was heard in the field. Next, you’ll lead the team in white boarding ideas on how to translate the feedback into working prototypes. After developing a point of view as a team, you’ll work independently to mock up mobile flows into prototypes for residents and partners.
What are we looking for in a teammate?
UX design is your primary skill set. You’re quick to build prototypes that drive conversation. You’re drawn to deepen your visual design skills of elegant and intuitive mobile interfaces. You’re hungry to grow your practice of human-centered design field research to enrich your decisions and deepen your understanding of human behavior. As the first UX/UI designer on the team, you’re comfortable being a resource on best practices, emerging trends, and helping us understand what is possible technically while dreaming up new ideas.
What are the qualifications for this role?
- Ready to call Detroit home! This position is not remote.
- 5-8 years of work experience, with at least 3 years dedicated to UX/UI
- Deep familiarity with information architecture, wireframing and sketching
- Navigate easily through Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision
- Ability to self-manage and project manage
- Experience practicing human-centered design and eager to go deeper
- Comfortable with HTML or CSS
- Ability to design for low-cost Android phones
- Candidates who speak and write in Arabic will be prioritized
Come as you are. Civilla is an equal opportunity employer. Women, non-binary individuals, minorities, people with disabilities, veterans, and people of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Contact: Rachael@civilla.com
- Application: Send your resume, portfolio, and a two-minute video introducing yourself and your point of view on design.
- Timeline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but applications received by April 12th, 2018 will be prioritized