Part-Time Women’s Re-Inspiration Program Manager
We’re looking for a fabulous part-time employee (~20–30 hours / week) to take Inspiring Capital’s Women’s Re-Inspiration program to the next level. The Program Manager will recruit and select participants; coordinate and facilitate training days; and contribute to the refinement of our program.
Many solutions are emerging to assist women re-entering the workforce, but our program is unique in its ability to provide fulfilling options that also make a social impact. The Re-Inspiration Program is an experiential learning program that furnishes women with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to pursue careers in the social sector and use their experience for social impact.
Since June 2014, 30 women have come through our Re-Inspiration program (and 30 top MBAs and Undergrads have completed our other programs). We’ll engage over 100 women in the Tri-State area in 2017, and start operations in other cities around the US too! In other words, we’re growing and need creative, flexible, hard-working colleagues who share our passion for unlocking under-used talent to solve social and environmental problems more strategically and sustainably.
Which is where you come in! If you:
· know and love the power (and challenge) of professional women getting back in the game in professional roles
· excel at owning a process from start to finish (in this case, publicity to recruitment to selection and program management)
· relish the flexibility, ambiguity, and collaboration of building new things
· are stubbornly committed to our mission of helping purpose-driven professionals prepare for and find roles in which they’re motivated and able to reach their full potential
· aspire to join a hard-working, dynamic team that’s building IC for major growth and impact!
Maybe you’ve got some of this experience to share too:
· working or volunteering with nonprofit, foundation, social enterprise, or impact investing organizations
· recruiting participants for higher education and/or professional development programs
· facilitation and coordination of higher ed and/or professional development programs
This is a chance to be part of our awesome team at Inspiring Capital. PLEASE NOTE: we do not consider applications submitted without a cover letter. If you’re interested, include a resume AND separate cover letter describing your interest in our work and qualifications for THIS specific position.
You’d report to IC’s Director of Programs (full-time, in NYC) and also work with our:
· Partnerships Manager (part-time, in CT – we’re seeking someone for this role too!)
· Women’s Program Associate (part-time, in Raleigh NC); and
· CEO, Growth Associate, and Strategy and Operations Associate (full-time, in NYC)
As part of this great team you will:
· spread the word about our Women’s Re-Inspiration Program to groups, networks, and individuals however you see fit, including in-person and online events, partnerships with strategic groups, and one-on-one meetings with influencers;
· recruit and select participants for CT and NY programs;
· oversee and coordinate logistics for our Re-Inspiration program in CT and NYC (4-10 training days in Fall 2016 and 20-40 training days in 2017) in close collaboration with our Director of Programs, who guides the training content;
· contribute to our strategy for the program model and growth, including a train-the-trainer model starting in early 2017;
· represent Inspiring Capital in the Fairfield County and CT communities; and
· other initiatives and tasks as you and we see fit to grow Inspiring Capital’s presence in the Tri-State area and beyond.
We’ve got big plans, all related to making work meaningful (and so, motivating). We think hard, work smart, collaborate with other inspiring organizations and individuals, and never rarely forget to have a good time doing it! Crain’s named us 1 of 10 “socially responsible startups that are changing the way New York does business”! We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at IC that our team particularly enjoys:
• Work-from-home options
• Flexible vacation policy
• ‘What IF Wednesdays’ and other regular team brainstorms
• IC-hosted, -condoned, and -facilitated networking opportunities quarterly or more
• A salary that is commensurate with experience plus immense satisfaction you’ll gain by creating positive social impact!