Full-Time Chief Impact Officer
NVF Project Name: The League
Position: Chief Impact Officer
Reports to: Founder
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The League is a social impact collective with one goal: inspire people to live a civic life. We work to do what politics alone can’t: change hearts and minds by changing culture. Our work is in service to people of color, women, young people, LGBTQ+ communities and more–the diverse coalition that is leading America into the future, both politically and culturally. We work with activists, social justice organizations, celebrities, media and publishers, corporations, film makers, philanthropists and thought leaders to design and execute creative campaigns and strategies that reach our audiences where they are.
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced leader to join our high-impact, low-ego team as our Chief Impact Officer. We are rapidly growing with big plans and goals for 2021 and beyond, and we are looking for the right thought partner and doer to help us achieve them. In this role, you will represent The League across a variety of sectors, expanding our relationships and impact in new places and markets. You will be responsible for identifying and promoting creative approaches and innovation that help us push the envelope and hone in on new ways to make impact at the intersection of culture and politics. The Chief Impact Officer will play a critical role on our leadership team.
The right candidate will be someone who has experience leveraging culture to advance social justice or social change. You are someone who loves and understands the intersection of culture and politics. You like to watch MSNBC as much as you like watching Real Housewives. You tune into election returns like they’re the championship game. You are outgoing, engaging and a natural connector. Pre-COVID, you were the person who enjoyed attending networking events and conferences. You invest in your network, and you want to put those connections to work creating a just, equitable America. You’re good at connecting the dots, too. You can see how the pieces fit together to create the whole and are skilled at translating between worlds and sectors. You have a curious mind and a creative spirit, and you never met an idea you didn’t like. The right fit will be someone who is excited to embrace an ethos of growth and possibility to help us expand the organization.
The League is a remote team. The Chief Impact Officer will report to the Founder.
We have always been a remote work team, but with COVID-19, like many others, we are adapting in real-time to the reality of our team’s work/life situations. This requires a whole new level of flexibility and understanding, and we are committed to ensuring our team has the support and grace needed to navigate this unprecedented time we find ourselves in.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- As a member of The League’s leadership team, work collaboratively to execute the organization’s overall strategy and growth plan.
- Serve as an ambassador for The League, representing the organization in a variety of spaces, both political and cultural.
- Oversee the bulk of The League’s external outreach, fostering and managing relationships across a variety of sectors, including social justice, social impact, brand marketing, entertainment, fashion, sports, technology, media, social media, and more.
- Leverage external partnerships to drive the expansion of our rapidly growing portfolio of campaigns and initiatives.
- Serve as the partner lead on The League’s film impact campaigns, managing relationships with filmmakers and producers.
- Help launch and expand The League’s Hometown Labs, a new initiative that will organize and resource local culturemakers to inspire civic engagement in their home communities.
- Drive the League’s convening strategy, bringing together thinkers and doers from a variety of sectors for events such as Genius Banks, create-a-thons, and lunch & learns.
- Monitor and report back on trends that impact The League’s work and/or core audiences.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience leveraging culture to advance social justice or social change.
- At least 12 years’ experience working in social justice, social impact, or an adjacent field
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues
- Relationships that span a variety of sectors
- Experience building and implementing partnerships with individuals and entities in a wide range of industries
- A track record of big picture thinking combined with the ability to execute and deliver results
- Exceptional communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to build trust and credibility with people from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds
- Comfort working with a remote team
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Love of culture–whether that’s TV, movies, music, sports, food, literature, or more–and the ability to approach it with an analytical eye
- Passionate about creating a just, equitable America
- A strong believer in the power of culture to connect with people and move them to action
- Takes initiative and gets things done
- Has a high level of judgment and is diplomatic
- Is flexible and willing to roll with the punches
- Holds self accountable and owns mistakes
- Has an appetite for trying, and learning from, new ideas and approaches
- Has a good sense of humor
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$190,000, based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.