Full-Time Chief Impact Officer
NVF Project Name: The League
Position: Chief Impact Officer
Location: Remote, Washington, DC/New York City preferred
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Formed in 2017, The League is a social impact collective that leverages the reach and visibility of culture to inspire people to live a civic life. Our work is focused on the New American Majority, the diverse coalition that is leading America forward, both politically and culturally. Working with filmmakers, activists, celebrities, corporations, philanthropists, social justice organizations, and thought leaders, The League is unique in our diversity of perspective and approach, marrying advocacy and engagement with cutting-edge campaigns and strategies—both on and offline—that are rooted in culture and generate concrete results.
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Chief Impact Officer to join our high-impact, low-ego team. This person will play a key role on all campaigns and projects, bringing sharp political analysis to shape our goals and strategies. The right fit is someone who wants to put their relationships in the progressive movement to work to advance racial and gender justice and to drive increased civic engagement among the New American Majority. The Chief Impact Officer will represent The League in political, social justice, and progressive movement spaces, both nationally and in states.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating a just, equitable America, and who believes that using culture is a powerful way to connect with people and move them to action. We are a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals, and the right fit will be someone who has an appetite for working with a creative, nimble team that loves to try new things.
The League is a remote team; however, we are particularly interested in candidates in Washington, DC, and New York City. The Chief Impact Officer will report to the Founder.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design data-driven civic engagement campaigns that leverage cultural organizing strategies and oversee their evaluation
- Oversee the execution of campaigns and strategies in key states, working closely with state-based partners
- Identify and assess opportunities for rapid response campaigns, with a particular focus on gender justice issues
- Coordinate shared resources and achieve economies of scale for cohort organizations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to grow and deepen The League’s relationships with social justice organizations, progressive movement partners and more, and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Seek out and develop additional relationships as needed to execute and grow The League’s projects and campaigns
- Lead the work to identify and reach out to potential partners to engage them in specific projects or campaigns
- Manage organizational partnerships for civic engagement and social impact campaigns
- Develop The League’s strategy for bringing our unique lens into social justice and progressive movement spaces
- Represent The League in political, social justice and progressive movement spaces–both nationally and in states–including tables, coalitions, and meetings with partners
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices in electoral and issue-based organizing and monitor demographic and political trends related to voting and civic participation
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least 12 years’ experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns, with some relevant connection to community, labor, or other non-candidate politics
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues
- Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders in the progressive movement, both nationally and in states
- Familiarity with women of color-led/focused organizations
- Experience working with state-based organizations
- Demonstrated ability to drive processes that engage senior level stakeholders and result in shared outcomes
- Strong facilitation, coalition-building, and management skills
- Familiarity with civic engagement data, the latest tools and technology, and current best practices in the field
- Deep knowledge of the legal parameters around 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) activities
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working across teams within an organization
- Comfort working with a remote team
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Love of culture–whether that’s TV, movies, music, sports, food, literature, or more–and the ability to approach it with an analytical eye
- Likes to work independently but is an excellent collaborator
- Takes initiative and gets things done
- Has a high level of judgment and is diplomatic
- Is flexible and willing to roll with the punches
- Holds self accountable and owns mistakes
- Has an appetite for trying, and learning from, new ideas and approaches
- Has a good sense of humor
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The salary range for this position starts at $140,000+, based on experience.
New Venture Fund Careers
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.