Internship Data Analyst Summer Fellow
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for the EP Fellowship Summer Track from professionals who want to use their background in data and analytics to transform education by helping organizations analyze and interpret data to support critical and strategic decision making.
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top analytic professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Fellowship Summer Track provides talented professionals with a preview into a leadership career within the education sector. Fellows are placed on 10 week projects with leading education organizations, using existing skills and experience to make the biggest impact. During their placement, Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows with a background in data and analysis have:
• Performed quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues for clients and synthesize insights from these analyses for an education consulting firm
• Performed statistical analyses to support leader decision-making at a charter management organization
• Built data visualization tools and dashboards to drive accurate decision making
• Led financial reporting, budgeting processes, and resource allocation at a school
• Promoted data-driven instruction and created sustainable teacher retention strategies
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience as well as training in leadership skills and K-12 education issues. After the Fellowship, Pioneers gain the unique support and networking opportunities offered by EP and our robust nationwide network of more than 3,000 Fellows and Alumni.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to complete 10 consecutive weeks of employment, attend convening’s, and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• Track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
• Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
• Knowledge of Tableau, SPSS, STATA, or other data visualization and data management software is a plus
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
• A willingness and ability to learn new software
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers priority applications deadline is December 19th and our admissions is highly selective.
The summer track Fellowship runs from mid-June to mid-August. Exact Fellowship start and end dates will be determined in the spring of 2017
Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend.
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Il| DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT |Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.