Full-Time Data Visualization Developer
Fair Trade USA (FTUSA), is an internationally-renown social enterprise that promotes sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. Founded in 1998, FTUSA is the leading independent third-party certifier of fair trade products in North America. Its unique market-based model for sustainability links millions of farmers, workers and fishers in impoverished communities around the world to leading brands and retailers via more direct, equitable trading partnerships. Fair Trade USA has emerged as one of the most promising models of conscious capitalism today.
Fair Trade USA is recognized for improving the working conditions and living standards of farmers, workers and fishers by enabling them to earn additional income to invest in their communities and in protecting their local environments. At the same time, it works with brands and retailers to help make sustainability a driver of profitability for the business community.
For today’s conscious consumer, Fair Trade USA provides a way to align values with purchasing decisions. Its widely recognized and trusted Fair Trade Certified™ seal on a product signifies that it was made according to rigorous fair trade standards that promote sustainable livelihoods and safe working conditions, protection of the environment and strong, transparent supply chains.
Since inception, FTUSA has channeled over $830 million in additional income to hardworking families and communities around the world. It currently partners with over 1400 brands in over 30 different product categories in the U.S. and beyond.
Fair Trade USA’s Data Science Team works with departments across the organization to collect, manage, analyze and share data about Fair Trade USA’s business and the impact of our work. The organization is committed to being excellent stewards of our data while working quickly to create meaningful data insights that can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our programs and deliver supply chain insights to our partners.
The Data Visualization Developer will ensure that the Data Science Team is improving business outcomes by improving data literacy across the organization so we can develop a stronger data driven culture. This role will deliver on information requests, facilitate our self-service program, and drive both strategic and tactical direction of the data function at FTUSA. The Data Visualization Developer must be highly collaborative, actively developing partnerships with other teams to align on organization goals.
- Be a champion for a strong data culture, driving and supporting clear, data-informed business decisions
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality and value of data through automation
- Design efficient data acquisition, cleansing, integration, and storage processes
- Improve business outcomes by sifting through data, identifying trends, and creating visualizations used to inform business users
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for improving and leveraging data to drive desired business outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Manage and Monitor internal-facing queue of Ad Hoc analysis requests
- Conduct Ad Hoc analysis and visualization
- Work effectively in an agile framework as a team member, supporting peers and providing insights to improve internal procedures
- Enable a data-driven organization
Skills & Experience
- Experience with successfully establishing client relationships
- Ability to demonstrate clear, confident, and professional communication skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented, logical, systematic, methodical, organized, able to problem solve and work independently
- Comfortable with a deadline-driven and goal-oriented work environment
- A drive to learn and master new techniques
- Experienced analytical thinker driving results
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Technology & Software
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Proficiency with R, SQL, Python, Tableau
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
We are a Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
The fair trade model is firmly rooted in themes of empowerment, advocacy, and disrupting oppressive dynamics, and as such, Fair Trade USA actively strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our day-to-day work. As an employer, we have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any type. We value and promote a work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and bound by the following principles:
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees.
- We proudly provide employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Fair Trade are based on the needs of our organization, the requirements of the job, and individual qualifications – period.
- We prohibit work-related actions, policies, and decisions based on race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other protected status, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We believe that a healthy and holistic work community is comprised of people of all ages, and therefore we welcome individuals of all stages in life to apply for our job openings.