Full-Time Digital Campaigns Director
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a global Digital Director to build our Digital Campaigns offering for our clients, including paid media campaigns, digital organizing campaigns, and organic social media campaigns. You will be managing a global team of Digital Campaigners to utilize effective, exciting digital tactics to delight our clients and accomplish their advocacy, awareness, and persuasion goals.
The role requires a digital campaigning wizard with a flexible, can-do attitude and excellent communication skills. You have shown the ability to overcome challenging requirements and demonstrate creativity and innovation in finding ways to execute novel ideas, as well as traditional paid and owned tactics. You should keep abreast of the latest creative and digital trends and develop recommendations for our teams and clients on subjects like emerging platforms, cookie deprecation, and influencer collaboration. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail with systemic and structured logical thinking.
This role is offered at the Director tier with a salary range of $90,000 – 120,000/ £68,000 – £85,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We are open to candidates based in the East Coast of the US or in the Greater London region.
If these are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Creating innovative and impactful digital campaigns that help make the world a better place.
- Successfully work in a dynamic, diverse and global environment.
- Owning initiatives and solutions that have the ability to create tangible impact on a rapidly growing team and company.
- Making diversity, equity and inclusion manifest in practice
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will work with a rapidly growing global team to offer cutting edge ideas and excellent services to our clients.
- You will build internal practice among the Digital Campaigns team, including process and collaboration techniques, project share backs, and guided professional development. You’ll help train campaigners and staff and associates on best practices for digital marketing, organizing, paid media, organic social, and web.
- On client teams, you will serve as a team leader, supervising an executing staff focused on planning and executing social media and paid media campaigns, as well as digital organizing, influencer collaboration, managing website development, and other tactics as necessary. As a team, you’ll help educate and excite our clients about how digital strategy and services can add important value to their impact goals.
- Work with our Impact, Measurement & Learning (Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning) team to optimize and maximize campaign impact, develop internal benchmarks, KPIs, goals, and measurement practices — then evaluate and adjust tactics accordingly. On each client project, you’ll package and report analytics from testing and optimizations that provide sophisticated learnings to clients.
- Work with the Creative team to develop cutting-edge campaign concepts and optimized paid, owned, and web products. Work with developers to create strategically-informed and best-in-class websites.
- Consult on scoping and participate in pitching effective digital strategies that help our clients achieve their goals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will work with a core team in NY/London and team members across the globe in India, Brazil, Kenya and Australia. You are expected to have strong leadership skills, with the ability to work efficiently with remote teams and promote equity and inclusion among the Digital team and the broader office network. You will need to possess great communication skills over video conference, Slack and email. Due to the global nature of your team, this position may require occasional work outside traditional office hours in your timezone.
We encourage people to apply if you are excited about Purpose and this role’s mission. In order to succeed in this role, these are some of the skills and qualities you bring to bear:
- You have 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in digital marketing, campaigns, or media, and have fluency across all areas of the digital practice. If your career has focused on one area of digital campaigning and you are looking for your next step, we urge you to apply.
- You are someone who is passionate about digital storytelling, especially how to tell compelling narratives across several channels.
- You follow the latest platform, ad, and organizing trends — especially in issue and advocacy spaces. You should advise our clients on everything from friendsbanking to IOS 14 mitigation tactics.
- You are energized by trying out new platforms, tactics, and creative approaches, and are on the lookout for exciting opportunities to expand the team’s experience.
- You are a capable, committed trainer who can develop a strong team that shares skills, breaks down silos, and provides clear value.
- You are comfortable pursuing advocacy objectives through cross-sectoral efforts that may involve political, corporate, philanthropic, nonprofit actors, and/or individual actors.
- You are comfortable working or overseeing work in both agency-style client service and active campaign contexts.
- You have worked in an organization or on a team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion internally and in external projects. You have ideally played a role in applying this lens to effective campaigning.
Please submit your application and a cover letter indicating your interest in the role. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.