Full-Time Enterprise Application Administrator (Remote – US)
At Fair Trade USA, we’re leading the charge toward sustainable development and conscious capitalism by forming fair and honest partnerships across the globe. We believe in community, we’re excited about change, and we hire driven, talented change makers who share our vision.
Founded in 1998, Fair Trade USA is an internationally renowned social enterprise organization and the leading certifier of fair trade products in North America. We’re a four-time winner of Fast Company’s “Social Capitalist of the Year” award and the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship and have been recognized as a leading social venture by the Clinton Global Initiative, Ashoka, the Klaus Schwab Foundation, and the World Economic Forum.
For today’s conscious consumer, Fair Trade USA provides a way to align values with purchasing decisions. Our widely recognized and trusted Fair Trade Certified™ seal on a product signifies that it was made according to rigorous fair trade standards that promote sustainable livelihoods and safe working conditions, protection of the environment and strong, transparent supply chains.
Since inception, FTUSA has channeled over $830 million in additional income to hardworking families and communities around the world. We currently partner with over 1400 brands in over 30 different product categories in the U.S. and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
We are continuing to grow and deepen our global impact, and to do so, we are hiring for our expanding team. We are based in Oakland, California, with a global presence and team members around the world. This position is a US-based remote, work from home position that offers a flexible and supportive work community. Remote employees must be available to travel on an occasional basis to our Oakland, CA hub location or to other occasional face-to-face meetings (0 –5% of time).
We’re seeking a Technical Lead with a passion for high impact work to join our Digital Technology team. The Technical Leads at Fair Trade USA work collaboratively across knowledge domains to design and implement best-in-class technical solutions and integrations in support of our business. The Technical Lead is responsible for providing strong technical direction, establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements, and ensuring high quality deliverables.
This role’s primary focus is on providing technical ownership of systems and tools that enable third party auditors to measure and report on producer compliance with our Standards, which are designed to protect workers in agricultural and factory production environments. This role will work with a Product Manager and other stakeholders to evaluate our existing system for factory audits as well as available tools for all types of audits. This role will also be responsible for establishing a yet-to-be determined 3rd party audit platform and other systems that support the audit process across the whole of Fair Trade USA’s business. Once rollout is complete, this role will shift to operating and enhancing the platform to meet new business needs and technological advancements. If capacity allows, this role may take on additional implementation and operations tasks related to other technology platforms. In this role you’ll have the unique opportunity to see your work contribute to the wellbeing of Fair Trade Certified farmers and workers across the globe.
- Evaluate, acquire, configure and maintain the 3rd party audit platform and related systems that support the Fair Trade USA audit process
- Administer packaged applications, including design and configuration
- Monitor the software application, and document and analyze problems
- Work closely with vendors and colleagues to tune and troubleshoot problems
- Work with Product Design and Product Management to implement solutions that efficiently help our variety of stakeholders achieve their goals
- Help define new business processes, data elements and design and implement system changes
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified applications
- Plan, coordinate, and test changes, upgrades/maintenance schedules, and new services, ensuring business operations will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Build and maintain no code or low code integrations with other platforms and support inbound integrations developed by others
- Serve as second level of technical support and troubleshoot and resolve platform issues and support first level support staff in resolving issues
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes
- Manage vendor relationship including contracting and support
- Maintain system documentation
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years recent experience in administering 3rd party enterprise platforms
- Knowledge of common patterns and best practices in enterprise platform (especially SaaS) administration, configuration, and integration
- Experience taking business requirements and desired workflows and designing solutions that can be implemented on the platform(s) available
- Experience evaluating and procuring off the shelf software solutions
- Experience reviewing software agreements and managing vendor support via Service-Level Agreements
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, knowledge of analytical tools, and complex troubleshooting methods
- Ability to work through ambiguous work situations
- Self‐motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
At Fair Trade USA, we are a values-based and performance-driven organization, in service of our core mission. We are deeply committed to fostering an environment that is built on the principles of JEDI; a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive community for all. We are committed to upholding an inclusive workplace where all people feel equally respected and valued, and where we can all thrive. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from every educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, national origin and ancestry, veteran status, marital or family status and disability.
We believe in empowering our teams to do their best work and thrive at Fair Trade USA. We offer a comprehensive compensation approach including salary, performance-based bonus and employee recognition awards, and a generous and thoughtful approach to employee benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance, comprehensive PTO (Paid Time Off), flexible and remote work opportunities, professional development, wellbeing programs and a paid sabbatical program.
Additionally, as a mission-based organization, we recognize the deep impact that can occur for our employees to travel and witness first-hand the work of our teams and producer, fisher and farming communities globally. We offer travel awards and paid global travel experiences for employees. Additionally, we demonstrate our commitment to employees’ growth and impact by offering a fully paid sabbatical opportunity for employees.