Full-Time Head of Delivery
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 – we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
*The application period for this role will be open until filled.
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners and employees, because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
We are looking for a Head of Delivery to oversee project delivery, client services practices, and project staffing processes while ensuring teams execute and continually deliver quality outcomes that exceed customer expectations resulting in renewals, expansions, and referrals. Reporting to the CTO/co-founder as a member of Truss’ leadership team, in this role you will be responsible for the delivery of all portfolio projects from end-to-end while ensuring the company is resourced to deliver. You are a leader on both the client and internal sides of the fence, balancing the needs of the external customer while ensuring your internal team is set up for success. In this role you will champion client satisfaction, quality of service, and delivery excellence across complex service offerings. You will grow, develop, and mentor a team of Client Success Managers (CSMs) and oversee the Delivery Management practice while setting best practices for projects across the organization and ensuring project health and profitability.
Accomplishing this will require a variety of skills including an ability to deeply understand our delivery process and the needs of our clients while delivering project outcomes that delight the customer and result in renewals, expansions, referrals. This role is highly collaborative in nature and requires a desire to work in partnership with our team, and an acute ability to envision and develop the infrastructure necessary to support high functioning delivery and customer success teams.
As a company, Truss advocates for a healthy work/life balance. We actively cultivate an energetic environment that is respectful of individuals, their personal time, and their boundaries. This is a leadership level role in the organization and as such you will continuously model these behaviors, and encourage your team and others to do the same. Our ideal leader thrives by enriching their various skill-sets and enjoys working in a dynamic environment mentoring a team of curious, helpful, and highly skilled people.
In this position you will:
- Assume overall ownership and accountability for the current state of delivery strategy, processes, and systems
- Identify a vision for the future of delivery optimization to enhance overall Delivery Management and Client Success Management operations and workflows.
- Supervise, coach and empower Client Success Managers (CSMs) and the Delivery Management Practice Lead
- Drive the refinement of Truss’ resourcing model and staffing allocation plans, analyze and monitor capacity planning and forecasting data to optimize utilization and plan staffing for current and future pipeline projects.
- In collaboration with key internal stakeholders, assess and define project delivery and performance metrics that are consistently monitored, measured and reported on across all projects and teams.
- Drive process improvements that lead to efficiency gains and scalability within the organization.
- Build and mentor high performing Delivery Management and CSM teams committed to exceptional project results.
- Surface themes from CSMs and elsewhere that alert the organization to valuable insights from the client experience across engagements, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality products, and act as a point of escalation for client feedback.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Executive level experience delivering complex, $1M-$50M projects to enterprise and government clients that solve their digital transformation challenges.
- Experience influencing client relationships by forming strategic partnerships that drive continued project opportunities.
- Previous experience in a senior delivery role, spanning large scale complex user centered software delivery balancing advocating for internal team needs with a focus on championing the voice of the client.
- Deep understanding of current software best practices, including continuous integration / continuous deployment, design / architectural patterns, well-architected framework, security and compliance, agile methodologies, and the DevOps mindset
- Technology background with hands-on experience in technical project management, program management or across a core practice area of engineering, design, product management
- Experience building large-scale resourcing models for staffing allocation that optimize and enable teams to deliver quality work on-time
- Experience driving process improvements that lead to efficiency gains and scalability within the team
- A collaborative mindset, a willingness to seek differing opinions, and work in partnership, internally within Truss as well as externally with our partners and clients.
- Initiative with a bias for action.
- High integrity in all matters, with clients as well as internally.
- Bonus if you have a strong understanding of federal/state/local government contracting engagements
The salary range for this position is: $200,000 – $230,000
We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!