Part-Time Major Gifts Assistant – Part-Time
About Fistula Foundation: An estimated one million women in Africa and Asia suffer from obstetric fistula, a debilitating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent and, as a result, too often abandoned by her family and shunned by her community. We are in business to end this needless suffering. Surgery is the only cure, which we deliver through partners in more than 20 countries.
Over the last decade we have emerged as the global leader in fistula treatment, treating more women in more places than even the United Nations or the US government. We are raising four times as much money as we were a decade ago and treating 15 times as many women. But, we are far from done and we are building a team to help us end fistula in a generation.
True to our Silicon Valley roots, Fistula Foundation is dynamic and growth oriented. We pride ourselves on being run like a successful, financially disciplined, for-profit organization; the big difference is our bottom line is measured not in earnings per share or profit, but in the number of women we are able to help. It also means that we “lean hard” into technology and the efficiencies it brings, enabling us to do more with fewer resources. Fistula Foundation is committed to delivering results against our mission and aspires to the values of the Effective Altruism movement.
Position Summary: The Major Gifts Assistant is an integral member of the Foundation’s fundraising team. They are responsible for working with the Philanthropy Associate to manage mailings, data entry, donor research, stewardship projects, and donation solicitations in support of Fistula Foundation’s major gifts team. This is a part time position (~15 hours, schedule flexible) with an ideal start date in late March or early April.
- Assist with mail merges, printing, hand signing, and stuffing thank you letters and other outgoing mail projects
- Assist with drafting and proofreading donor communications such as thank you letters, emails, funding proposals, and impact reports
- Track donations in Raiser’s Edge (our donor database)
- Complete research on prospective and current donors and compile into donor profiles
- Provide additional administrative support to the major gifts team as needed
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with full MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and performing basic research on the Internet
- Extremely detail-oriented with high accuracy and ability to work independently
- Superior ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Customer service-oriented, with proven ability to meet needs of customers, clients, or donors
- Demonstrates common sense and flexibility
- Interest in nonprofit, philanthropy, or global health
- Prior administrative experience preferred
- A strong sense of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team-player with proven ability to work well with others
- Strong work ethic and ability to be a self-starter