Full-Time Operations Manager
NVF Project Name: The League
Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: Founder
Location: Fully remote
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The League is a social impact collective with one goal: inspire people to live a civic life. We work to do what politics alone can’t: change hearts and minds by changing culture. Our work is in service to people of color, women, young people, LGBTQ+ communities and more–the diverse coalition that is leading America into the future, both politically and culturally. We work with activists, social justice organizations, celebrities, corporations, film makers, philanthropists and thought leaders to design and execute creative campaigns and strategies that reach our audiences where they are.
The League seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Operations Manager who can help ensure our i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed, and that all of our trains run on time. You’ll help with scheduling, financial reporting, liaising with our fiscal sponsor, meeting and event planning, and other programmatic tasks as needed. In this position, you will play a key role in ensuring smooth daily operations and will be part of exciting projects that use culture to inspire civic engagement.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves logistics and operations and wants to put your excellent organizational skills to work at a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals. The right fit will be someone who is curious and has an appetite for working with a creative, nimble team. We are always exploring new ways to do our work, which also means exploring new systems and infrastructure to support it. This is where a creative, talented Operations Manager comes in. We are looking for someone who can help us imagine what those systems might be and then can support the process of putting them into place, which is even more critical as we enter a year of expansion and growth.
This position will report to the Founder and will work in close collaboration with other members of the League’s leadership team.
We have always been a remote work team, but with COVID-19, like many others, we are adapting in real-time to the reality of our team’s work/life situations. This requires a whole new level of flexibility and understanding, and we are committed to ensuring our team has the support and grace needed to navigate this unprecedented time we find ourselves in.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Executive Team Support
- Manage the calendar, activity and speaking requests for the Founder.
- In a post-COVID-19 world, book and manage travel for the Founder and other members of the leadership team as needed.
- Support hiring processes, including recruitment of new team members, liaising with our fiscal sponsor, and supporting the onboarding process of new staff.
- Provide other day-to-day support to the Founder and members of the leadership team
- Serve as a liaison between The League and our fiscal sponsor
- Provide schedule coordination for internal team meetings, including staff calls; campaign check-ins; and brainstorm sessions.
- Help to manage and coordinate the League’s internal events including staff retreats, Executive Committee meetings, and Advisory Board meetings.
- Lead our data and information systems so that they are accurate, efficient, and easy to access.
- Ensure our information systems meet current security standards
- Support the organization’s expansion by researching and implementing new systems and structures
- Other programmatic and administrative responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Manage The League’s contracting process and vendor relationships
- Support the organization’s budgeting process
- Manage expense reimbursement and credit card reporting, ensuring staff are submitting reports in a timely manner, and providing accurate coding of all financial transactions as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least 5-7 years relevant professional experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues.
- Ability to be flexible and roll with the punches.
- Commitment to rigor and efficiency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and comfort with working with a wide range of people from a variety of different experiences and backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects, develop work plans and meet target goals and objectives.
- Ability to work remotely.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Familiarity with social justice, social impact, brand marketing, and/or other adjacent sectors
- Love of culture, consuming it through multiple channels and approaching it with an analytical eye.
- Passionate about creating a just, equitable America where everyone can thrive
- A strong believer in the power of culture to connect with people and move them to action
- An appetite for constantly testing and evaluating new ideas
- Excited to join a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals
- Desire to work in and foster a culture that is high output, low ego with open communication and no drama.
- A sense of humor
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$80,000, based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.