Full-Time Program Coordinator
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 FTE ($33,750-$37,500 75% time) + Generous Benefits
Classification: Exempt; 75% Full-Time Equivalency (30 hours per week)
Location: Remote within Unites States, with preference in Western US
Timeline: Applications submitted before March 24, 2022 will be prioritized, and applications accepted until the position is filled. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
TREC’s Vision and Mission
TREC has a vision of leaders, organizations and diverse coalitions working effectively for environmental protection, conservation, and sustainability in Western North America. TREC cultivates effectiveness by providing premier capacity-building services, delivered in-depth and over time.
TREC provides coaching, consulting and training in leadership development, staff management, strategic planning, coalition and campaign management, fundraising, fiscal management, and board development. Through site visits, one-on-one consulting, coaching, and training, TREC partners with the organization’s leaders, staff, board, and other key stakeholders to enhance their strengths, shore up any weaknesses, and generally expand the group’s effectiveness and sustainability. TREC focuses our efforts on partnering with our clients to increase the effectiveness of leaders, build more inclusive teams and cultures, and expand the impact, engagement, and diversity of coalitions and collaborations.
TREC’s service engagements range from one or two months to several years. Each organization is unique and therefore our approach is highly customized. By focusing our work entirely in North America’s environmental community, we understand the political and economic climate that leaders face. We also know that groups cannot work in isolation, and we support them in being effective collaborators and having the skills to work with diverse stakeholders. Most of our clients are grassroots organizations, working at the local and state/province-level, some work at a regional level. Because our work is grant-funded, our staff are not required to recruit new clients and bring in consulting fees. Because our grant funding is stable, our staff can focus on innovation and continually improving the services we provide.
The Program Coordinator is part of the Operations Team which provides support to TREC Staff with a focus on programmatic support, event planning & logistics, and other duties as requested. The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning logistics and supporting the participant and staff experience for TREC’s cohort-based training programs (in-person & virtual events) and our in-person biannual staff & Board meetings. This includes researching and seeking out venues in collaboration with the TREC staff and Operations Manager, as well as arranging travel, food & beverage, supplies, and other event logistics. The Program Coordinator is heavily involved in the participant experience as well, working on recruitment, invitations, confirming attendance and distributing participant forms, keeping accurate participant & recruitment information in TREC’s database, and communication with event participants. Additionally, the Program Coordinator assists the faculty in publication and formatting of session materials, and administering 360 Leadership Feedback surveys to participants. Currently, TREC has 6-8 events per year, and this could vary over time.
The Program Coordinator also serves as a key member of the TREC Operations team, and will assist in a variety of tasks, including formatting materials and posting them on TREC’s website, supporting and maintaining TREC’s internal systems, and contributing to the Operations Team’s general support of the organization’s work.
Key Job Responsibilities: SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
- TREC Program Support (70%)
- Fiscal Management (5%)
- Operations & Administrative Work (10%)
- DEI Learning and Professional Development (5%)
- Staff Meetings & Communication (10%)
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience in event planning and program coordination
- Demonstrated skill and experience with these applications or similar: Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, SharePoint) and Adobe
- Willingness and ability to learn new information, take on new tasks, and have a lot of variation in your work
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects and assignments, meet deadlines, and display initiative and innovation
- Attention to detail and bigger picture; ability to work simultaneously on long and short-term projects
- Ability to convey information clearly in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated commitment and willingness to creating equitable workplaces and implementing inclusive practices and policies while working with a diverse colleague team, vendors, and clients
- Ability to succeed with remote supervision and to collaborate with a virtual team
Other Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with website management, branding or design, editing, or email marketing
- Skill and experience with WordPress, Email marketing programs (Robly or other), Canvas, Basecamp, Zoom, GotoWebinar
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Experience working remotely or with a virtual team
- Experience with virtual events
- Willingness and ability to travel around Western North America, including remote or sparsely populated places (biannual TREC staff and board meetings)
TREC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our programs and employment are open to all. We value diversity and do not permit any discrimination against applicants, employees, or volunteers on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability, or any other status protected by applicable law or statute in any of our policies or programs.
At TREC, our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goes beyond just being in full compliance with employment law; TREC actively cultivates a culture that fully embraces difference, with the commitment that everyone is a valued member of our team and is treated with respect and dignity. We intentionally work to foster a culture of inclusion with openness, honesty, visibility, creativity, and trust as core values.
People of color are encouraged to apply. TREC’s diversity, equity, and inclusion statement can be viewed on our website at https://www.trec.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/.