Full-Time Project Manager for Research & Strategy
The Project Manager for Research & Strategy will be responsible for supporting the extensive portfolio of research and consulting projects within Educopia’s Research & Strategy program. The Project Manager will be highly self-directed, comfortable managing a varied portfolio of projects with competing priorities, and will support an array of collaborative work with our project teams and partners. The scope of the Project Manager position requires a dedication to responsible management of schedules and scope, stakeholder expectations, data management, templatization of tools and other project resources, and documentation of key findings. The ideal candidate is passionate about community-based research, collective action, continuous improvement, and making project findings relevant and eligible to staff and partners. We expect all candidates to demonstrate empathy and intentionality in their interpersonal communication.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist PI and Lead Consultants with determining appropriate scope, requirements, and deliverables for research and consulting projects
- Coordinate internal staff and external contractors for successful completion of projects
- Track project performance on an ongoing basis using relevant project management and productivity tools, e.g., Asana
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Ensure compliance with funder and client requirements; update and maintain research and consulting workflow documentation.
- Stay informed and up-to-date in trends in project management, community cultivation, and information management.
- Works with members of the team to tie project findings and deliverables to program goals and objectives
- Contribute to research and consulting projects (e.g., compiling and synthesizing data from multiple sources; editing client and funder reports; assisting with meeting facilitation)
- Ensure that project outputs are building organizational capacity, including: templatization of resources for the Community Cultivation Resource Library and developing staff trainings on broader application of key findings, tools, methods developed within the Research & Strategy program
- Assist the Deputy Director with planning and ongoing evaluation of Research & Strategy program goals and targets
- Collaborate with the Communications team on external communications initiatives as they pertain to Community Cultivation and the Research & Strategy program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of project management experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to change, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of extended groups of project participants
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to the personal and professional work of acknowledging systems and modes of interaction that have caused harm, predicting potential future harms of our practices and approaches, and proactively shifting those practices and approaches in order to cultivate trust and mutual respect among staff, clients, and partners
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results
- High level of independent judgment, resourcefulness, creativity, and initiative
- Motivated to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust; cares about fostering commitment and team spirit; works with others to achieve goals
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the strategies, techniques, and processes used to plan, monitor, and control project scope; includes collecting requirements, defining scope, creating a work breakdown structure, validating scope, and controlling scope to ensure project deliverables meet requirements
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- Knowledge of the value of collected information and the methods of sharing that information throughout an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to problems; designs new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or are unavailable
- Ability to develop, interpret, and apply policy, procedures, and direction to a variety of situations
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated success planning, developing, and controlling project schedules and tracking project milestones, activities, and deliverables (including timeframes and assigned resources).
How to Apply
- Compensation, Development, and Application
- Salary range is $60-65k/year, commensurate with experience, with additional funding for professional development and travel. Benefits include 24 vacation days per year (accruing monthly) and 10 paid holidays, as well as insurance options and retirement match options. The person hired in this role will also be provided with a computer stipend to set up their remote workspace.
- Educopia supports its staff members in developing their professional skills. Professional development may include third-party training or workshops, staff-to-staff training and peer learning, and encouragement to read/research tools and resources that will contribute to their professional success.
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Emma de Francisco: email@example.com.
- We will begin reviewing applications on June 1, 2021, and will continue to review on a rolling basis until an applicant is selected.
- Work Environment:
- Educopia Institute is a distributed team, and we will consider applicants that are able to work remotely. Success in working in a geographically distributed, collaborative, and research-intensive environment requires a demonstrated ability to accomplish timely, high-quality work, handle a variety of duties, adapt to changing priorities, work successfully in a team, and communicate effectively with all segments of an extended community.
- About Educopia
- Educopia Institute empowers collaborative communities to create, share, and preserve knowledge. In all of our work, we encourage knowledge sharing and network building across institutions, communities, and sectors. Our strengths include change management, governance modeling, sustainability planning, workflow design and analysis, policy development, facilitation, strategic communications, event planning & management, and applied research projects that benefit our affiliated communities and the broad field of information management.
- For more information, about our organization and strategic vision please visit our website at http://www.educopia.org
- Educopia Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. We also believe that traditional hiring and recruitment practices disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society in negative ways, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA people. Because we believe that collective action is most powerful in creating change when it is informed by many different lived experiences, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.