Full-Time Senior Digital Strategist
NVF Project Name: The League
Position: Senior Digital Strategist
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Formed in 2017, The League is a social impact collective that leverages the reach and visibility of culture to inspire people to live a civic life. Our work is focused on the New American Majority, the diverse coalition that is leading America forward, both politically and culturally. Working with filmmakers, activists, celebrities, corporations, philanthropists, social justice organizations, and thought leaders, The League is unique in our diversity of perspective and approach, marrying advocacy and engagement with cutting-edge campaigns and strategies—both on and offline—that are rooted in culture and generate concrete results.
We are seeking a Senior Digital Strategist who wants to use their social media know-how to advance racial and gender justice, and drive increased civic engagement among the New American Majority. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in digital storytelling; has an in-depth understanding of social media platforms, tools, and analytics related to both organic and paid content planning; and knowledge of current and emerging online trends. This person will be highly adept at connecting the dots for audiences between social justice issues, popular culture, and trending media in real-time. This person is a creative, self-starter, and a data-driven strategic thinker.
The Sr. Digital Strategist works with The League’s small but growing digital team and reports directly to the Director of Cultural Strategy.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating a just, equitable America, and who believes that using culture is a powerful way to connect with people and move them to action. We are a growing organization with bold, ambitious goals, and the right fit will be someone who feels at home juggling multiple projects and priorities.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and implement digital strategies to advance issues of racial and gender justice, shift narratives, and increase the civic engagement of the New American Majority
- Develop and execute strategies to grow social media followings and engagement on different platforms for multiple projects/campaigns
- Curate content for New American Majority audiences
- Community management across social media platforms for multiple projects; this includes maintaining an editorial calendar, handling day-to-day posting on platforms, and tracking engagement/metrics
- Develop digital advertising campaigns for an array of projects and campaigns
- Create, launch and optimize ads for Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter
- Oversee the creation of campaign splash pages and websites
- Create data-driven campaign insights and analytics report, tracking and monitoring growth, engagement, and impact
- Ideate around campaigns and projects and brainstorm creative tactics and content ideas
- Stay abreast of best practices and emerging strategies to ensure The League’s digital campaigns remain cutting-edge
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 5-7+ years combined experience as a social media and/or community manager
- Command of various social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and TikTok
- Experience creating and managing social-first content or ad campaigns, from start to finish
- Strong experience/instinct around paid digital strategies across digital platforms
- Ability to curate content that appeals to the New American Majority
- Familiarity with cultural trends
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently, while also collaborating in a team setting
- The ability to complete assignments in a timely manner and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Ability to roll with the punches in an ever-shifting industry, political, and movement landscape
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice issues
- A high level of emotional intelligence
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices
- Ability to develop influencer strategies
- Background in website technologies
- Experience with digital fundraising
- Experience managing others (including vendors and consultants)
- Familiarity with social justice, social impact, brand marketing, and/or other adjacent sectors
- Love of culture–whether that’s TV, movies, music, sports, food, literature, or more–and the ability to approach it with an analytical eye
- Highly creative thinker, who is curious and not afraid to experiment with new tactics and ideas
- Likes to work independently but is an excellent collaborator
- Takes initiative and gets things done
- Has good judgment and is diplomatic
- Has a good sense of humor
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$95,000, based on experience.
New Venture Fund Careers
The League is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.