Full-Time Senior Public Relations Associate
Do you get a thrill out of crafting media pitches and seeing the stories come to life? Do you love switching from strategy to quick fire content production to client communication all in an hour’s time? Do you think of yourself as someone who is known for getting things done? Then you might be just the person Barefoot PR is looking for.
As a Sr. Associate for Implementation, you will help our clients build their reputations through media relations, storytelling, subject matter expert building and events. You will also make sure we are executing purposeful PR tactics aligned with the strategy we build for our clients. You will also support social media planning, help create compelling collateral and events for our clients and collaborate with other members of the Barefoot PR team contributing to our “All In Together” approach. The keys to your success in this role are relationship building, strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Drive results for clients by implementing tactics associated with Communications Roadmaps
- Oversee proactive media pitching and dedicate approximately 50% of time to media relations
- Develop, cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with local and national media, as well as digital journalists and influencers
- Prepare clients for media interviews
- Implement Barefoot PR Media Training
- Keep up with trends and changes in media and oversee production of media lists
- Quick fire/reactive content creation (i.e. press releases, pitches, announcements, talking points, social media content and other materials essential to public relations activities)
- Client point person for marketing support (i.e. website content, design/collateral, events, video and other requests)
- Contribute to the development of Communications Roadmaps for each client
- Collaborate with and provide direction for contributors
- Contribute to Messaging Platforms as needed
- Assist with client management through meetings, conference calls and relationship building
- Collaborate with the Barefoot PR team to ensure work is tracked and deliverables are met for each client
- 3-5 years of experience working in a marketing or communications role, or at a creative agency
- Outcomes focused and success driven — a drive to “get things done”
- Able to adapt quickly and remain calm under pressure
- Expertise in media pitching, storytelling and subject matter expert development
- Comfortable working with businesses and professional service firms representing a variety of industries
- Experience with/knowledge of email marketing, social media scheduling and platforms such as MailChimp, Sprout Social and Canva
- Ability to keep track of details on multiple client projects at once
- Strong relationships with media professionals, and/or a willingness to develop new relationships
- Ability to solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Strong writing skills
- Driven to deliver a high-quality product, to support team members in their success and help grow the business
- A commitment to volunteer service and community involvement
- Barefoot PR’s team members are known for being creative, committed and community minded
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common – they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive . We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Location: Position will be located at our office in Denver’s Golden Triangle neighborhood, parking available.
Compensation: Based on experience, $50,000 – $60,000, with bonus potential
Applications: Open through Friday, June 4th
- Time for self renewal is important to us as creative individuals. As such, we offer time off for holidays and your birthday, a week off at year-end, trusted time off vacation policy and a flexible schedule as needed for you to show up as your full self ready to serve the team and our clients.
- We care about our employees as whole people, not just workers. To support you we offer a SIMPLE IRA plan with a company match, 75% reimbursement for your individual healthcare monthly premium, and access to training and development opportunities that will help you be a leader in our field and our community.
- Community involvement is a key part of our company culture. We support our employees as they serve the community by making an annual financial contribution to a nonprofit of your choice, offering paid time off to volunteer and helping you to be a strong community leader.
- Barefoot PR is a team and we work hard to build meaningful relationships with one another. We do this by spending time learning about our community through nonprofit tours, volunteering together, attending social and professional events together, rejuvenating at the spa, feeding our bellies at team lunches and a variety of other activities to spark our creative energy.
- We are a growing, women-owned company. We want to add someone to our team who will help us to build an enviable, supportive and personal company culture.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.