Full-Time Sr. Manager – Energy Equity and Energy Justice
Energy Solutions is a mission-based company committed to large-scale environmental impacts and advancing equity in the clean energy transition. The policies and programs we support save billions of tons of CO2 and help bring the benefits of clean energy technologies to hundreds of millions of people across North America. We see equity as integral to our policy development and advocacy work, our program design and implementation work, and our company culture. We are dedicated to inclusive policymaking, meaningful partnerships with community-based organizations, and ensuring through quantitative metrics that our work adequately benefits underserved communities (including low-income communities and communities of color).
As our portfolio of equity-focused work grows, Energy Solutions is seeking a full-time employee to join our Policy & Ratings team in the role of Energy Equity and Energy Justice Sr. Project Manager. Your leadership will help us achieve equitable processes and outcomes in our work related to building codes, equipment efficiency standards, and other policies that promote clean energy technologies for all. In this role, you will develop frameworks and strategy, build relationships and partnerships, and analyze proposed policies with a focus on equity. You will engage with state and national-level policies and regulatory proceedings through an equity lens. You will support product development and business development, ensuring that we present solutions with a strong equity foundation, from product ideation through implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to equity in clean energy and experience with strategy, policy, and stakeholder engagement to advance environmental social justice. Strong relationship- and coalition-building experience and experience engaging with state and/or federal level policy are key skills for this role. Strong candidates will also have relationships with and experience engaging community-based organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement equity-focused strategies for building codes, equipment efficiency standards, and other clean energy policies
- Integrate equity frameworks and best practices into existing programs and into Energy Solutions’ new product development process
- Coordinate with external partners who specialize in reaching underserved communities and build new partnerships with organizations with complementary skills and expertise
- Build relationships and engage with equity-focused coalitions to advance policy and regulation
- Assess potential equity concerns and opportunities related to proposed regulations and policies
- Provide equity-focused guidance on data collection, analysis, and reporting efforts dedicated to measuring and increasing benefits for underserved communities
- Review, track, and brief internal stakeholders on select proceedings and legislative efforts and manage equity-focused contributions
- Provide thought leadership on how the Policy & Ratings Team should grow and evolve to better advance equity in the work we do
- Participate in Energy Solutions’ cross-cutting Environmental Social Justice Team on strategic initiatives to promote equity throughout Energy Solutions’ work
- Work with the Business Development Team to ensure we tailor and communicate our solutions to potential clients
- Commitment to advancing energy equity and justice
- Bachelor’s degree or additional formal education
- 5+ years of experience in an energy or environmental industry with a focus on equity/environmental social justice
- Proven relationship- and coalition-building experience in ESJ communities
- Experience engaging with state and/or federal level policy
- Experience implementing equity-focused frameworks and strategies and a demonstrated history of achieving results with these methods
- Knowledge of and established relationships with NGOs, government agencies, community organizations, and other companies in the clean energy sector
- Strong writing, critical thinking, and analytical skills, with the ability to produce excellent written communications for internal and external audiences
- Ability to digest, understand, and interpret technology- and product-specific subject matter
- Strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with building energy codes and/or product standards
- Proficiency in Salesforce and/or SharePoint
- Familiarity with data collection, analysis, and reporting processes; ability to interpret and utilize quantitative and qualitative data
- Business development skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and two weeks must have passed since receiving final dose before you will be able to work from our offices.
All employees & guests to wear masks upon entry, along with careful sanitation/cleaning procedures followed in accordance with guidelines instructed by the CDC. Additional safety measure includes ensuring masks and disposable gloves are available at all offices, providing hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes, adjusting within the office to ensure social distancing is maintained, and managing staggered schedules.