Full-Time Strategy & Operations Summer Fellow
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for the EP Fellowship Summer Track from professionals who want to use their background in strategy and operations to improve education. In education’s complex environment, organizations increasingly need professionals to help develop and implement organizational or project-specific strategies while streamlining systems and processes to drive growth and student impact.
Education Pioneers is a non-profit that recruits, develops, and connects top strategy & planning professionals to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. They use their skills to transform education from outside of the classroom to ensure every student has access to opportunities and an excellent education.
The Education Pioneers Fellowship Summer Track provides talented professionals with a preview into a leadership career within the education sector. Fellows are placed on 10 week projects with leading education organizations, using existing skills and experience to make the biggest impact. During their placement, Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows with a background in strategy and operations have:
• Developed impact metrics that align investment with student outcome to ensure maximum impact of investment
• Created trainings on new systems and procedures to ensure strategic alignment across all schools at a charter management organization
• Developed a 2-year strategy to align team capacity expansion and skill-building with organizational development at an education non-profit
• Managed facilities and vendor management, including procurement and contract management, to ensure student and teacher safety for a public school district
• Supported the start-up of key operations, including transportation, family orientation, student enrollment, and staff professional development at charter school
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience as well as training in
leadership skills and K-12 education issues. After the Fellowship, Pioneers gain the unique support and networking opportunities offered by EP and our robust nationwide network of more than 3,000 Fellows and Alumni.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of full time, professional work experience, which excludes undergraduate or graduate internships
• Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
• Commitment to the full program term including the ability to complete 10 consecutive weeks of employment, attend convening’s, and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
• Commitment to Education Pioneers’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education
• Experience in Data Analysis, operations, strategy, and project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
• Ability to take initiative and drive results
• Track record of success in academic and professional settings
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
• Completion of or enrolled in a graduate degree program
• Knowledge data visualization and or data management software is a plus
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
• A willingness and ability to learn new software
Timing & Benefits
Education Pioneers applications deadline is February 13th and our admissions is highly selective.
The summer track Fellowship runs from mid-June to mid-August. Exact Fellowship start and end dates will be determined in the spring of 2017
Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend.
APPLY today to become a Pioneer and launch your career in education
Placement locations: Chicago, Ill | DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Greater Boston Area | Hartford, CT | Kansas City, MO | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit people of color for our programs. We support equal opportunity for all people and strongly encourage people of color to apply to our Fellowships.