Full-Time TBS Specialist
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
We are currently seeking a TBS Specialist for our Van Nuys team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with solid experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) in social work, psychology, education, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, or its equivalent.
• Four years experience working in a mental health related setting or having provided direct service to individuals with a disability.
• The ability to be a positive role model for staff and exercise appropriate judgment in all situations.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to relate and work with referral sources, agency staff, parents, and families in the community.
• Working knowledge of behavioral interventions and strategies approved by The Help Group and the Los Angeles County or State Departments of Mental Health.
• Demonstrated awareness and understanding of cultural, racial, and economic diversity and its impact on service provisions.
• Emotional stability to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may emotional or behavioral problems.
• Ability to think critically and logically in a variety of settings that may be disorganized or free from professional structure.
• Physical ability to maintain a level of physical activity commensurate with the activity level of the child/youth and to engage in basic lifting, walking, and driving as required.
• Personal computer skills including the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Current California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier, if required by job duties.
• The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.
• Ensures the safety of the child or youth in the community setting.
• Identifies, initiates, and maintains effective working relationships with community workers and other mental health providers involved in service delivery.
• Communicates regularly with supervision clinical staff and program director regarding client progress and challenges.
• Prepares and provides approved individualized behavioral interventions as required to meet target goals.
• Assists the client with daily routines and social interactions within the home, school, and community.
• Collaborates with mental health providers and team members in the development, implementation, monitoring, and achievement of target goals and objectives for treatment.
• Identifies and develops intervention strategies to be utilized by families or foster families during targeting daily routines which are problematic for clients.
• Shares information regarding positive behavioral interventions with family or caretakers.
• Documents, in writing, daily interventions and forwards information to designated location.
• Establishes positive and supportive relationship with child/youth and his or her family/caretaker; and maintains appropriate professional boundaries in accordance with The Help Group policy and procedures.
• Communicates with teachers, clinicians, childcare workers, parents, community workers, and others directly involved with the client regarding goals and objectives.
• Be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; and occasionally available during the weekend and night hours to assist the client meet his/her goals.
• Participates in continual and required training relevant to Therapeutic Behavioral Specialists and mental health treatment.
• Presents a professional image to families, community, and governmental organizations/ departments at all times.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
• Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
• Dental, vision, and life insurance
• Flexible Savings Account
• 403-b Retirement Account
• Vacation and Sick Time Leave
• Free CEUs